MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla easel album reissue on clear vinyl
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla easel album reissue on clear vinyl
gone
https://donnachacostello.bandcamp.com/album/stay-perfectly-still

Fact Mag wrote:

Donnacha Costello Stay Perfectly Still

An album that will make you do exactly what its title says. This new release collects seven fathoms-deep synth exercises recorded live by Costello on a Buchla Music Easel. As he notes on the Bandcamp page: “No overdubs, no looping, just honest recordings of live performances.” It makes Donnacha’s gently percolating, deeply emotive pieces even more impressive, but honestly, you won’t think about it much while listening. You probably won’t think of anything. Put it on and you’ll just sit there and — in both body and mind — stay perfectly still.
Reality Checkpoint
What a beautiful album! I wish I had heard of it before.

So cohesive in the way that the tracks segue. Quite lovely.

I have ordered the clear vinyl, and am listening to the download now. I think this will be my soundtrack for the day, and most probably the week ahead and more.

Bravo!
GrantB
I'm in
hermbot
I just purchased this digitally on BC. I really enjoy it, and it speaks to your artistic ability that it gives off a very different vibe than I'm used to hearing from the Easel. Very nice work.
mestlick
Beautiful! Listening now, just ordered vinyl.
Reality Checkpoint
Been listening to this since Saturday on constant rotation. Rarely has a piece of music so captivated me.
gone
Shucks. Thanks guys!
trickness
Beautiful! Just ordered the vinyl
Reality Checkpoint
Still waiting for delivery of this album, (ordered on 5/5/18), and now I find out that Donnacha is no longer a member here, and there have been no updates on what is happening.

Anyone know anything?
stairwaytoevan
I wouldn’t panic just yet...he said 10 week turnaround for the reissue and it has only been 9. Plus the whole “plants are notoriously slow” thing.
Reality Checkpoint
stairwaytoevan wrote:
I wouldn’t panic just yet...he said 10 week turnaround for the reissue and it has only been 9. Plus the whole “plants are notoriously slow” thing.

Oh yes, I understand that, but it is the lack of any updates or information and the fact that he is now labeled as 'gone' and a guest on here that made me think.

Anyway, I have the download, and the album is an absolute cracker!
askthedust
Wow, Donnacha has left the forum? why? waah
Reality Checkpoint
askthedust wrote:

I have looked but I cannot find a reason. It is a great shame.
Sanys
great album. thanks for the heads up
ritchiedrums
askthedust wrote:

Odd.... hmmm.....
phats
What a lovely album! On my 3rd listen in 2 days now.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1