MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Omnisphere 2.5
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Omnisphere 2.5
Riggar
Spectrasonics Reveals Hardware Synth Integration for Omnisphere 2.5

https://www.spectrasonics.net/news/news-content.php?id=111

and sonic state - https://sonicstate.com/news/2018/05/04/superbooth-2018-omnisphere-hard ware-synth-integration/

This hardware integration looks pretty neat ...
Funky40
yeah, absolutely awesome !
cleva move
Richie Jape
You can sign up for the public beta via your Spectrasonics account,

I did so the other day and now ....

... i wait Ghost
Exiannyc
It's an amazing idea. I hope they'll include the Novation Ultranova in the lineup.
rowsbywoof
Wow. This sounds pretty damn cool. I can’t wait to see how it pans out.
Panason
No Virus a/b/c, no Nord integration :(
Mantaray
Panason wrote:

Yeah the list is pretty limited. Hopefully they will add more in the future.
Phitar
Mantaray wrote:
Panason wrote:

Yeah the list is pretty limited. Hopefully they will add more in the future.

Virus is there now.... 60 synths at this point and hopefully more to come. Really doesn't sound very limited to me. It's heavy on the Roland end but that doesn't really surprise.

Current list from their website:

List of Supported Hardware
Roland JD-XA
Roland JD-Xi
Roland JP-08
Roland JP-8000
Roland JU-06
Roland JUNO-106
Roland JX-03
Roland SE-02
Roland SH-01A
Roland SH-201
Roland D-50
Roland GAIA
Roland Super Jupiter
Roland System-1
Roland System-8
Roland VP-03
Korg microKorg
Korg Minilogue
Korg Minilogue XD
Korg Monologue
Korg MS-20ic
Korg MS-2000
Korg Prologue
Korg Radias
Moog Little Phatty
Moog Minitaur
Moog Sirin
Moog Slim Phatty
Moog Sub 37
Moog Subsequent 37
Moog Sub Phatty
Moog Voyager
Dave Smith Mopho
Dave Smith OB-6
Dave Smith Pro 2
Dave Smith Prophet 6
Dave Smith Prophet 8
Dave Smith Prophet 12
Dave Smith Prophet X
Dave Smith REV2
Nord Lead 1
Nord Lead 2
Nord Lead 3
Nord Lead 4
Nord Lead A1
Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave
Andromeda A6
Novation Bass Station II
Novation Circuit Mono Station
Novation MiniNova
Novation Peak
Virus A
Virus B
Virus C
Virus Indigo 1
Virus Indigo 2
Virus TI
Yamaha Reface CS
Studiologic Sledge
Deepmind

Strange that I didn't know anything about this until last night. Guess I've had my head up my ass with eurorack for the last year or two help

I could have sworn though that I left an urgent message on the Spectrasonics answering machine that they were to call me if anything new or interesting came up or was in the works. Last time I trust THOSE guys!

Sysex based I guess?

Must try this tonight no matter how tired I am right now. Sounds like fun.
Phitar
Folks you gotta try this if you haven't already! Just great!

I only have a few of the synths on the supported list (mostly the lower priced ones lol ) So's I started out with Novation Bass Station II half expecting this to be a straightforward midi mapping use of the BS2 as a controller.

Not so.... The Omnisphere BS2 presets take over and you have a totally different sound but with the same control layout. Adjust a control on the BS2 and the Omnisphere plugin automatically switches to the pertinent parameter screen for that control section. Sweet!

Quite nice overall. I'm impressed.

Crashed it once already but I was tweaking the hell out of several different controls all at once.

My first tests were using Cantabile 3.0 as host. Your Mileage May Vary.
Panason
I'll have to try this , but I guess it would help if the controller synth is very close to the screen so you don't have to do a lot of looking back and forth and so that the two feel like one instrument.

One day someone will see the light and make a hardware controller with lots of encoders & buttons, with displays above them to show full parameter names. Hi-res colour displays could display graphics so that each plugin can have its own visual identity on the controller (with bi-directional communication between plugin and controller).

Maybe this will happen before the collapse of technological civilisation and the inevitable return to the stone ages .
Phitar
Digging deeper into this (reading pertinent documentation) it looks as if for the majority of the syths supported this uses the normal controller type midi mapping but done in way more detail than I would ever have the patience to do myself.

There are a limited number of synths that incorporate Sysex

(From the docs in the section relating to Sysex with Windows PC's):

The following models have controls that send System Exclusive (SysEx) messages:
- Access Virus C
- Access Virus TI
- Roland D50 + PG1000
- Roland GAIA - Roland JD-XA
- Roland JD-Xi
- Roland JP-8000
- Roland JP-8080
- Roland JUNO-106
- Roland SH-201
- Roland Super Jupiter

There are some DAW's/Hosts ( Windows versions at least) that block SysEx. These are outlined in the docs.

I'm not real big on what the difference is between Mac and Windows handling of midi, SysEx, etc is since I'm a long time Windows person but maybe someone more Applecentric can provide info about how this impacts HW intergration.
phats
There's a big summary/rating of synths as controllers for omnisphere here:

Prophet Rev2, Bass Station II, Sh-01A, Virus A/B, Nord Lead, Prophet 6 all get good ratings on price/control

I'm thinking a macbook air + omnisphere license would be cheaper than any serious polysynth, if you already have a nice synth to use as a controller.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1