MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

gibson again
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author gibson again
felixer
continuing a discussion that was locked down. no idea why. it wasn't political. merely economical. although marx would argue that is the same thing. smart man. pity his ideas got such a bad following.

i don't need any legal shite. it's simply greed. not surprising considering the man's (henry j.) background. buying all sorts of failed operation (philips consumer products, anybody?) neglection them and hoping things would sort themselves. well they haven't. everybody hates him: his dealers, his customers, and his suppliers. i had a cheaper gibson here in the workshop and was appaled at the bad workmanship. and no good new ideas. no vision. just banging on that old drum. he might continue for another year (as an adviser, but why? he was the guy to screw it up) but then he's out. good riddence.
maybe gibson could continue as a sort of large custum shop (if they can find the qualified personel. because most people in that factory know how to operate cam style machines, but they are not guitarbuilders) like the heritage compagny did (old employees from kalamazo who didn't want to go to nashville. they rented part of the old factory building and made some decent guitars there. the old way. soft tooled). but the nashville factory is doomed. maybe montana can survive. but they have to get their act together. atm they can't compete with taylor. or the japanese/chinese who are getting better all the time.
but from the very beginning gibson was merely a buch of investors looking for a profit. not a good basis for quality. they were lucky in the 50/60ies with a guy like ted mccarty. but he is long gone. bought bigsby and resigned with gison as he could see some conflict of interest. now that is a very oldfashioned ethic. good for him. after him it all went pearshaped while prs etc ran with the ball.
Panason
I don't think that many people care, seeing as this is mainly a synth forum.
shamann
It was locked because there already is another thread to discuss it.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=197623&highlight=

Also, Gibson guitars will be fine in the end, and still make quite a lot of money. The trouble for Gibson Brands was that they wanted to grow to become something similar to Yamaha or Sony, took on a lot of debt to expand into consumer electronics and didn't grow revenue enough to outrun the debt costs.
Joe.
felixer wrote:
continuing a discussion that was locked down. no idea why.

Becuase there's already a gibson thread. It was linked in the same post that locked your last thread.

The fact you mention it wasn't political, and then immediatly make a political comment is really taking the piss mate.

The Gibson thread, there doesn't need to be multiples.

lock

Nelson Baboon
Joe. wrote:
felixer wrote:
continuing a discussion that was locked down. no idea why.

Becuase there's already a gibson thread. It was linked in the same post that locked your last thread.

The fact you mention it wasn't political, and then immediatly make a political comment is really taking the piss mate.

The Gibson thread, there doesn't need to be multiples.

lock

LOL - you are the master of making political comments when you turn in others for doing so. Well, you turn in people for sounding leftist - you're fine with other political comments.
Joe.
Oh, hi Nelson!

As someone who's been warned multiple times in the past, for restarting threads after the original's been locked, do you have any helpful hints for the OP to help him stay out of trouble?

You've been doing really great lately thumbs up

Reality Checkpoint
Joe. wrote:
Oh, hi Nelson!

As someone who's been warned multiple times in the past, for restarting threads after the original's been locked, do you have any helpful hints for the OP to help him stay out of trouble?

Is that really necessary? Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
Nelson Baboon
Joe. wrote:
Oh, hi Nelson!

No, but I have been trying to provide hints to keep you out of trouble.
Panason
Quote:
turn in people for sounding leftist

America, fuck yeah! hihi

Quote:
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Wit is in short supply these days.

Ever heard of a chap named Jonathan Swift?
Nelson Baboon
Panason wrote:
Quote:

America, fuck yeah! hihi

Quote:

Perhaps the requirement that the sarcasm should be witty has been lost. Anyone can be sarcastic. Even me.
radiokoala
Panason wrote:
Quote:

America, fuck yeah! hihi

Quote:

I recommend Fran├žois Rabelais if you are into long supply of wit; very masterful & adroit wielding of skilful pen. It wouldn't normally be possible for a human to make me laugh with hardly any effort, as I have rather convoluted & highly evolved sense of humour based on umpteen hours dedicated to selfless self-development, but he's managing to do so every n minutes & pages. Most of the times I dedicate my spare time to reading one more paragraph of his, I find myself coated in tears of joy & appreciation.

The guy didn't pay me for this poorly dissembled synthesizer forum marketing campaign I am involved with atm, I honestly speak from my heart when I say it's some of the most ridiculous genius prose to have been written. Some of the threads & posts on here are known for coming close, though. thumbs up
Kent
Dudes, it isn't anything personal or political.

Please acknowlege and follow forum protocol by continue a discussion in an existing thread. It really isn't that much to ask. The reasons as to why have been stated many times over the years that you've all been here.

Thanks and rock on.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1