MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

which side red stripe?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author which side red stripe?
zoogoo
4ms qcd, varigate 4+, trying to figure out which side is red stripe, no markings. any ideas?
sduck
Red stripe is -12v. One is obvious, one isn't, consult manual or contact manufacturer.
Kent
There are 2 stickies on this matter that are located in this very sub-forum.
attacca
The 4ms clearly has -12v labeled, the manual for the Varigate 4+ states red stripe DOWN. You should read the manuals for your modules and not rely on others for modular 101.
zoogoo
Yes looking at manual now
grep
Page 2.
gonkulator
The white line that goes across next to the two pins at the top in your photo of the Varigate 4 is the indication for the -12v. Some manufacturers use this to indicate -12v, rather that printing -12v or something else.
strangegravity
Stripe or no stripe, just make sure -12 connects to -12.

I melted 3 modules in my wiggle time. Now i visually trace -12 to -12.
placebo92
I've just gone by the little Triangle on the plug when in doubt so far. That's good and kosher right..?
dooj88
placebo92 wrote:
I've just gone by the little Triangle on the plug when in doubt so far. That's good and kosher right..?

you mean the keyed connector? sometimes mistakes are made and they are installed reversed. best not to rely on it and just make sure yourself when you get a new module.

facklr
The side that is the most analog is the side you want.

Also, try consulting the first thread you posted on this subject:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=199426&start=0&postd ays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

You might try not plugging anything in, and just leaving it unplugged. You could continue by putting the module back in the box. See if the store will take it back. Buy an acoustic guitar with the money. Go off the grid.
digitaleyes
I agree follow the red stripe, never the connector.
facklr
Yes, let's have this conversation again. The one where zoogoo starts another thread with the same question that he had a few weeks ago, and everyone follows up with "red stripe / -12v" or some variation of.

lock
Drakhe
gonkulator wrote:
The white line that goes across next to the two pins at the top in your photo of the Varigate 4 is the indication for the -12v. Some manufacturers use this to indicate -12v, rather that printing -12v or something else.

And that is WRONG! Check the documentation, the -12V is marked by the DOT at the BOTTOM of the connector in the picture.
gonkulator
Drakhe wrote:
gonkulator wrote:

And that is WRONG! Check the documentation, the -12V is marked by the DOT at the BOTTOM of the connector in the picture.

Let that be a lesson to you young man - NEVER listen to anything gonkulator says! I know I don't.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1