MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Quad Resonant Low Pass Gate Purrtronics
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Quad Resonant Low Pass Gate Purrtronics
Acquadar
I am the lucky owner of the number RC0001. It was a sort of pre production run but I can assure you. I'm not looking anymore for the Rabid Elefant Natural Gate and I don't care if the new edition of the Make Noise QMMG don't will be available in Europe. The Purrtronics Quad Resonant Low Pass Gate sound gorgeus.
https://www.facebook.com/purrtronicsmodular/
starthief
I don't really see the comparison to Natural Gate, and it doesn't seem like that's what they're aiming for. NG's big feature is the integration of envelope generators and very playable controls in a non-vactrol LPG that was designed to sound "acoustic."

I'm not hearing much in the video that sounds like what I like in LPGs. It makes nice kicks, and obnoxious filter squeals that seems to slew around a bit... guess that's nice if you're into that sort of thing.
Footkerchief
All that panel space and no CV attenuators.
leftbracket
This feels more like a low-pass filter (enough of those already) with LPG functionality added on as an afterthought to me.

It's about time we get some more new proper LPGs IMO.
purrtronics
Thanks to Acquadar for the nice post.

grin
purrtronics
In the next days we will upload a longer and more detailed demo video to highlight the thousand possibilities it has to offer.
purrtronics
Here you can see the product more closely.
starthief
I like the panel graphics. smile
purrtronics
Thank you starthief! All the graphics are made by the girlfriend of one of the two CEOs, a cats lover and well talented artist.
In the next modules you will see other complex and delicious abstract patterns. grin
NANO-Jorge
Cool module, I like the panel too!
purrtronics
Thank you so much NANO-Jorge! thumbs up
FrogStar
How does it compare to the Thomas While RLPG circuit?
misterphoneman
I couldn't find it in Modulargrid but I see that it's brand new. Can we get some specs? Is this vactrol based?
pines
It says that it is vactrol based on the FB page.
purrtronics
I confirm what pines says.
It's vactrol based and full analog.
Here it's some photos with a view biehind the panel meh

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1