MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Suggestions on filling a hole
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Suggestions on filling a hole
mutierend
I have an 18U case on the way in which I will consolidate my Buchla modules. I own all of the modules in the rack but I have two spaces left. I'm trying to figure out what to do with those two spaces. I spend about 90% of my time in the studio. I was thinking about a 250e but I have the 251e and I use MIDI as well.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something essential?

aethyr
250e?
Oxix52
I really enjoy running 4 sequences from the 251e in to the external inputs on the 250e. That's a plus for the 250e if you think that would be your kind of thing. SlayerBadger!
cuttooth
If you're going to stick with MIDI and the 251e for your sequencing needs, I think I'd throw in some different oscillators.

Maybe a DPO and Grayscale's DAO, or wait it out for any of the snazzy new oscs in development from Northern Light (2TO) and Grayscale (Multimodal Oscillator).

Something-something spices and variety. hihi
mutierend
cuttooth wrote:
If you're going to stick with MIDI and the 251e for your sequencing needs, I think I'd throw in some different oscillators.

Maybe a DPO and Grayscale's DAO, or wait it out for any of the snazzy new oscs in development from Northern Light (2TO) and Grayscale (Multimodal Oscillator).

Something-something spices and variety. hihi

I love the DAO, as I had Braids in eurorack. I was just concerned about too many oscillators with not enough modulation.
ArguZ
Yes..every 2U oscillator should come with its own pack of 8 LFOs wink
Fuzz
I feel like it's missing a 296e.
mutierend
Fuzz wrote:
I feel like it's missing a 296e.

I thought that too but I have no way to try one out. I have a fixed filter bank in 5U and I like it, so perhaps a 296e would be good to try.

If I can find one, that is.
johnnywoods
I'm pretty new to the buchla world, but the 296e is one of the main reasons I got into the format. It can do a lot more than just filtering too. The cv outputs are crazy useful. And you can't beat the lightshow!
rkilman
Yep, I think a 250e (maybe a 252e) or a 296e is exactly what your awesome system needs!

Alternatively, a 210e and an extra oscillator would add an additional level of fun. I find the 210e to be a bit of a great, fun, mysterious puzzle piece when thinking through using presets as part of a patch.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1