MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hinton still in business?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Hinton still in business?
Mr D
Hi folks,

I'm looking to get a Hinton SwitchMix, but their website lists it as out of stock and they don't reply to emails.

Anyone know if this product is still in production or if this company is still in business?
Joe.
He's still posting regularly on here and helping out, he hasn't disapeared.

listentoaheartbeat
He was here today:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2955

Maybe an email issue of some sorts, Graham is usually very responsive.
flo
How long did you wait for an e-mail reply? He's usually quick to answer any questions.

As far as I know, SwitchMix is not in production at the moment due to problems of sourcing proper switches / buttons. You'll have to look second hand, but don't buy it for the outrageous price at AH. PinMix and MatrixMix are in production, though.

Good luck and cheers! Guinness ftw!
Mr D
Ah, ok, i guess i'll give up on the SwitchMix for the mo.
obmuc
Been emailing him quite a bit - buying a power supply. He's been super responsive. I first reached out via the support form on his website: http://hinton-instruments.co.uk/contact/index.htm . He replied very quickly.

Anyway - yeah, probably just an email issue.
hermbot
Don't worry, I know how to get him here.

*ahem*

THE EURORACK POWER STANDARD IS WELL THOUGHT OUT AND SHOULD BE USED USED AS A TEMPLATE IN ALL ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT.
Artaos
hermbot wrote:
Don't worry, I know how to get him here.

*ahem*

THE EURORACK POWER STANDARD IS WELL THOUGHT OUT AND SHOULD BE USED USED AS A TEMPLATE IN ALL ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT.

lol.

And ground is a 0V voltage reference, right?
Shwaj
Ha ha! applause
akrylik
The best way to solve a ground loop is to remove the 3rd prong from all your power plugs.

twisted
Paranormal Patroler
Ground? That's useless right?
moremagic
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
It's where plants grow Rasta-nana
namon
moremagic wrote:
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
It's where plants grow Rasta-nana

Ground plus electrolytes
nimmen
So many brilliant ideas and insights! we're not worthy
2disbetter
akrylik wrote:
The best way to solve a ground loop is to remove the 3rd prong from all your power plugs.

twisted

Some truly good attempts here, but this one was the one i thought for SURE was going to get a response!!!

hihi
Joe.
Is this computer power supply ok for my DIY case?

Corsair HX1200i

+12v (100 amps)
-12v (0.8 amps)
3.3v (30 amps)
5v (30 amps)

Hovercraft
The best way to chain an unlimited number of bus boards together, is using ribbon cables. whistlin'
xenosapien
No wonder nobody can summon him, you forgot to draw the sacred ritual symbols in solder paste onto the floor!!

... I imagine that would look like an op-amp schematic with the inverting and non-inverting input deliberately switched around. razz
Robscorch
Gotcha my friend there is one used at Analoghaven right now for 880.00.

Analoghaven used scroll down a little past 1/2 of the way
arthurdent
Hovercraft wrote:
The best way to chain an unlimited number of bus boards together, is using ribbon cables. whistlin'

Why bother with the busboards - just use daisy-chained flying busboard ribbon cables, MUCH EASIER to get everything hooked up...
The Disquiet
ordered my 6th PSU with him last week, been emailing back and forth, yes he's still very much in business! It's peanut butter jelly time!
danielraffel
Might be nice if the OP updated the subject of this thread to be less inflammatory given the answer is quite clear (yes, Hinton is open). It’s not good for business when potential customers think you’re out of business.
Gyroscope
OP didn't know that a one week response time is about right for eurorack manufacturers. Why this is acceptable is beyond me though seriously, i just don't get it
akrylik
Gyroscope wrote:
OP didn't know that a one week response time is about right for eurorack manufacturers. Why this is acceptable is beyond me though seriously, i just don't get it

What is your response time to customers of your business that you run on your own?
Gyroscope
I run a small business since 2010 (translation services). Response time is about 5 minutes, never more than an hour during business hours. Another thing, we never missed one deadline in those eight years. Eurorack is booming though so certain things like punctuality and good customer service are not really important.

p.s.: this is not directed towards Hinton.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2