MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SH Mk2 Octaves too high
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author SH Mk2 Octaves too high
balmar
Hi,

I just posted this on the Eurorack forum but so far no luck, hopefully someone here will be able to help?

Has anyone had trouble with the 1v/oct output being a few octaves higher than what the display is showing?

For example, with range set to 0-2 and all the CV sliders at the bottom the reading shows C0 but my o'tool tuner is showing C2 or C3. It's showing proper intervals but maybe the range isn't calibrated properly?

When I use Yarns and a keyboard with all my oscillators tuned, C2 is C2 across the board but with the SH it's C5

I can drop octaves on the oscillators but pretty much every oscillator frequency dial is hard left in order to match the SH.

I've only had the module a week so i might be missing something really obvious. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
digitalohm
Have you checked with a voltmeter to see if either yarns or the sh mk2 need calibration?
balmar
i've not checked that yet, i'll try over the weekend and report back.

Thanks
mt3
What scale do you have set for the track? Do you have this issue for all track CV outputs?
Also check your assignable CV knobs aren't offsetting the CV. Set A knob to 0 and B knob to middle positions.
digitalohm
mt3 wrote:

Also check your assignable CV knobs aren't offsetting the CV. Set A knob to 0 and B knob to middle positions.

yeah that has been the cause of confusion for me more than a few times d'oh!
balmar
Quote:
What scale do you have set for the track? Do you have this issue for all track CV outputs?
Also check your assignable CV knobs aren't offsetting the CV. Set A knob to 0 and B knob to middle positions

It was the range setting, i thought it was reset every time you initialize the track data. Also, the moog sub 37 i was using as a controller connected to Yarns has a 1 octave offset just to add confusion confused

Anyway, it all seems to be working now and after making sure i didn't have the assignable controllers offsetting CV i decided to try it using the last scale option (not sure which one is was) and then added an LFO to change the CV...Wow! what an amazing feature! evolving random notes all in perfect tune hyper

Thanks for your help thumbs up
mt3
Thanks for the details. Lots of idiosyncratic behaviour amongst modules and formats, so such encounters and experiences are good to share.
SlayerBadger!
mt3
balmar wrote:
Anyway, it all seems to be working now and after making sure i didn't have the assignable controllers offsetting CV i decided to try it using the last scale option (not sure which one is was) and then added an LFO to change the CV...Wow! what an amazing feature! evolving random notes all in perfect tune hyper

Om

Look into Argos Bleak for many more scale and quantization serendipity.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1