MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Stereo overdrive...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Stereo overdrive...
R.U.Nuts
Does anybody have a cheap and cheerful reccomendation for a stereo in- and output overdrive that works good with synths? There's the new EHX Operation Overlord but there are not that much demos and stuff about it using it with synths especially with a modular hooked up straight to it. Besides that I couldn't find much...
GuyaGuy
Elektron Analog Heat is where it's at if you have the cash. I have the mono Analog Drive and have considered getting a second used one--still cheaper than Heat and I could use MIDI to sync settings.
R.U.Nuts
GuyaGuy wrote:
Elektron Analog Heat is where it's at if you have the cash.

Uhm, well. No. Way too expensive and way more feature packed than I need. I'm already considering DIYing a stereo distortion by using two distortion circuits and wiring them to stereo pots...
kragg
The good thing with DIY is that you can sets the input capacitors to match the frequency range of a synth (instead of a guitar), and use better quality components where it matters.
I should be building a stereo Turbo Rat to use on synths and drum machines in a couple months smile
zolar_czakl
Aira Torcido might fit the bill. It has a Tube knob and can be virtually configured with submodules like Amp and Tube Clip.
kragg
If you're going the DIY route, i'd be curious to know your impressios about the Rude Tube (stereo tube distorsion) :
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=56356.0
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=53011.0
whyfarer
kragg wrote:
If you're going the DIY route, i'd be curious to know your impressios about the Rude Tube (stereo tube distorsion)

I was looking into this not too long ago and I ended up sourcing a pair of 1980s MXR distortion+s in rough shape for quite cheap. This is now my solution though it's more for stereo distortion than overdrive.

BUT, in my research I came across the rude tube after I learned about culture vulture and quickly realized how out of reach the CV was. I would like to build a rude tube at some point and for the moment would also be interested to hear about any experience anyone has with them.
PublicFig
While it's not technically an overdrive, The Strymon Deco has r/l stereo in and TRS stereo out. The tape saturation side can be used for dirt/compression and can have some overdrive tones in it. There's a benefit with it if you're looking for a tape style delay as well, but otherwise, I'd just go down the DIY route as well.
kragg
whyfarer wrote:
I ended up sourcing a pair of 1980s MXR distortion+s in rough shape for quite cheap. This is now my solution though it's more for stereo distortion than overdrive.

The MXR Dist+ really shines when you add the Wampler mods, it's really well worth it, and opens a whole new dimension to this pedal's sonic potential.
whyfarer
kragg wrote:
whyfarer wrote:
I ended up sourcing a pair of 1980s MXR distortion+s in rough shape for quite cheap. This is now my solution though it's more for stereo distortion than overdrive.

The MXR Dist+ really shines when you add the Wampler mods, it's really well worth it, and opens a whole new dimension to this pedal's sonic potential.

Thanks, will do!

Also, I'll second the deco as generally awesome though I haven't tried to use it for overdrive
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1