MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Apple Homepod is awesome for "Immersive" music
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Apple Homepod is awesome for "Immersive" music
Dilibob
I got a Apple Homepod and started playing Steve Roach ... it sounded awesome and the wife even liked it as background music (she's never listened to any modular or synth music). Also I was surprised, but she started asking Siri questions about almost all the music she was listening too, and really got into learning about the bands/music. The two way communication side of immersive sound is something I need to really think about, if anything how can sound be immersive if it's just one way.

Anyway I see this whole google/amazon/apple move into these high end immersive speakers as really good for modular. The speaker sounds way better then I expected too, probably because of having so many little speakers hooked to microphones, it completely adjusted for the bad acoustics in the kitchen.
zengomi
Hello from the next year.

I got a HomePod a couple of weeks ago. Today it occurred to me to search for fellow Muff Wigglers’ comments. A very brave new world, apparently.
kf6gpe
My wife does that with our Google Hime Max. A week after I brought it home I got home and she pointed at it and proudly said, 'It knows Chopin!!'. She won't play music on her phone but loves the thing. It sounds pretty good, too.
shreddoggie
Plus its always a good idea to bring a surveillance system into your home. What could go wrong?

commodorejohn
Totally innocent, no doubt about it!
scozbor
I just installed a 15" powered PA speaker with bluetooth into my kitchen SlayerBadger!
ignatius
and just think.. you can buy a new one every 18 months when apple figures out how to make it disposable through planned obsolescence!

nice try, ghost of steve jobs, but i'm sticking with my actual stereo system.
Shledge
The government knows when you masturbate
MarcelP
Shledge wrote:
The government knows when you masturbate

My neighbours know when I masturbate - I should get some curtains. And maybe stop calling them over.
RedLab
I'd be very interested in a Homepod (seems they do sound really good) if only I knew there was a way to permanently turn off any mic, cam etc. as well as siri.
kf6gpe
I don't know about the HomePod, but all of the Google products have a physical switch you can use to disable the microphone.
ignatius
kf6gpe wrote:
I don't know about the HomePod, but all of the Google products have a physical switch you can use to disable the microphone.

*allegedly
commodorejohn
Yeah, I'd just bet that that's a soft switch handled by the OS - and therefore vulnerable to definitely-not-suspicious "oopsie! Were those your privacy settings? Clumsy us!!!" moments.
Panason
Time for Apple and Google to be taken down before they become Goopple and replace your children with simulacra taking selfies while the world burns.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1