MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES-7 with ES-40, no input signal
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-7 with ES-40, no input signal
sushiluv
Hi, i can´t get a signal to my computer from the ES-7, it´s connected to the correct header, like it says on the ES 40´s PCB, the jumper is set correctly as well. the inputs on my ultralite are working (tested it with a s/pdif feedback loop, out to in, i get a signal) and tried everything else i can think of but no go.
Outputs to esx-8cv are working fine.
is there something obvious i´m missing here?
Any help would be much appreciated, also the cuemix fx software is a mess, just saying smile

Cheers!
sushiluv
to be able to record from s/pdif i have to set the motu sync settings to s/pdif, that´s where everything goes downhill, the motu display starts flickering and i get no audiooutput whatsoever, is this a known issue?

thanks
os
You don't want the sync settings set to SPDIF - the MOTU needs to use its internal clock.

You should be able to use the SPDIF inputs with the sync set to internal.
sushiluv
Thanks os, i can´t get any input signal, regardless of what i try.
i checked the spdif input on the motu, it does work wth other signals. The LED Rings on the ES-7 do work too.
could my unit be faulty?

thanks!
os
Cam I assume you're using two SPDIF cables, not just the one?
sushiluv
yes!

one cable spdif out motu -> ES40 in
another cable ES40 out -> spdif in motu

i also tried different cables
os
Could you post a photo of how you have the modules connected with the ribbon cable?
sushiluv
sure, thanks

os
That looks OK.

I'm out of ideas. Is the ES-7 brand new?
sushiluv
Yes, i bought it at schneidersladen.

i will try a friends Motu Ultralite just to make sure it´s not the interface that makes troubles.
I guess i have to deal with schneidersladen to get a replacement for my ES-7?
os
That would be the first thing to try, yes.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1