MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge GATE SEQUENCER
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Serge GATE SEQUENCER
batchas
I made a few PCBs to be able to mount the CGS boards to my panel without wiring (or the strict minimum of wires), but also to be able to add all the mods I needed on my panel.

The gate sequencer is the first on the panel that I finished.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEwoICExPU8

There's an inconsistency on the panel layout, cause the the LEDs/Steps do not follow the order I did foresee while making the layout of both PCB and panel. A disadvantage I was not able to make the all project in a shorter lapse of time (took months!).
Also the legend GATE OUT should be MIX OUT, cause it's a mix of TRIG and GATE if selected via switches, I did not know that before finishing mounting ans testing it.
Still, all functions and that's what really matters.

And I'm happy with the look behind the panel!
js213
Excellent idea. Having now built a fair number of R*S modules (and most of my new Edelwiess) I have to say I was a bit thrown by the sheer amount of wiring on my first couple CGS modules. The panels themselves are easy enough, but working in that tight space to do the wiring is a pain.
batchas
js213 wrote:
Excellent idea. Having now built a fair number of R*S modules (and most of my new Edelwiess) I have to say I was a bit thrown by the sheer amount of wiring on my first couple CGS modules. The panels themselves are easy enough, but working in that tight space to do the wiring is a pain.

Also it allows to add mods or access a few option available on the original pcb (like having all switches, seq length, LEDs, diodes etc) which would need more components or much more wiring without this board.
js213
I picked up a couple of clee's brackets for a new panel I want to make, but your panel PCB also looks like it would allow for a shallower boat, or at least more room underneath the modules (one thing I really like about the R*S modules.)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1