MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Banana conversion of Sputnik Quad VCF/VCA
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Banana conversion of Sputnik Quad VCF/VCA
js213
I absolutely love my Sputnik Quad VCF/VCA, but moving the majority of my system to 4U Serge, I want to find a way to incorporate this module. I plan on getting a panel made that would allow me to fit it in a R*S 4x4 boat, but the banana/3.5mm jacks need to be converted.

I could incorporate a simple 3.5mm-to-banana patchbay, but that seems like a waste of space and overkill. Looking at the back of the module, the jacks seem easy to access. My question is, can I just run hook-up wire from the banana jacks to the + in on the jacks on the PCB and have the input/outputs mirrored at the corresponding jacks (which would not be used simultaneously)?

js213
To answer my own question (in case any other beginners want to know): yes it does work as I was expecting. I connected a banana jack to the + lug on the 3.5mm jacks and it functioned perfectly.

Note: I was powering the module off the same PSU as the 4U, so grounding wasn't an issue.

Just need to make a panel to mount it in the boat.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1