MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Effects chains with 200e
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Effects chains with 200e
mutierend
I'm new to the 200e world and I love my system, but I'm struggling a bit to figure out how to integrate effects pedals. With the keyboards in my studio, I have patchbay connected to my interface and I route signals accordingly. I have the 227e in my Buchla system and it is connected to my patchbay via a pair of TS 1/4" cables. The 227e doesn't have send/return.

How do you integrate effects pedals into your 200e? External mixer? One voice at a time multitracked? Something else? I'd love to hear your ideas/practices.
moremagic
Isnt the point of the low audio levels in buchla so you can take the audio out from any module and plug it into basically anything in your studio?
A few adapter cables or Tinijax to 1/4" spots in the ol patchbqy seem like they would come in handy
Kent
C & D on the 227e canbe your Sends. Return anywhere you choose.

A 210e can be pressed into service.
Investigate an impedance and signal level matching device between guitar land and studio land.
mutierend
moremagic wrote:
Isnt the point of the low audio levels in buchla so you can take the audio out from any module and plug it into basically anything in your studio?
A few adapter cables or Tinijax to 1/4" spots in the ol patchbqy seem like they would come in handy

My challenge might be a matter of proximity between my 200e and my patchbay.
mestlick
Get a bunch of 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch cables and keep the pedals on the table next to the Buchla. You can patch the pedals between modules. It's nice to be able to tweak pedals and the synth at the same time.
Default1
I have had no trouble running the 200e into effects pedals. The 200e runs slightly hotter than typical line level, but not by much. I do not have a buchla mixing panel. I just take the outs from the quad dynamics manager directly into a yamaha mixer, and use the sends from the mixer to go through a guitar pedal.

There is also no reason why you can't just insert a pedal in between two modules, same as using a module itself.

I just bought a bunch of tinijax jacks and guitar jacks and just soldered them up... works a treat
krv
I have a 207e at the end of my system audio chain, stereo out to a small Midas m12 mixer, a very unexpensive (if you already have a tablet) and good sounding mixer with 4 sends to 4 different fx engines + eq, compressors and so on + of course, two sends out channels for monitoring or for guitar pedals or similar
ArguZ
The modules are way hotter than the main outs.
Running an Easel into a H9 for example is perfect, same as using any external synth or guitar.
If you scope that you get like 1,5V peak to peak.
The only oscillator that does that level is the Zerosciallator V1, but lets not talk about that one.
In our 2H9 rack port we add a 10k/2,5k divider to tame the +-5V peak of a hot 261 or 259 to prevent clipping and such.
One can adjust the output level accordingly and get a pretty good level balance like that..
misa
I run out A & B from my 227e through a delay, reverb and a looper. c&d go into the mixer dry.

in the mixer I have a Count To Five, a Moog delay and a few other pedals connected to various AUX busses.

sometimes I use the EHX synth between the 292e and the 227e to filter and dirty things up...

Works great..wink
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1