MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Antumbra DVCA build thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Antumbra DVCA build thread
pix
just finished mine and both channels only work in log mode. As soon as I start turning the knob to linear, the sound goes away.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks!
NANO-Jorge
Without an schematic is difficult to know what happens... Antumbra doesn't provide or I haven't found it.
pix
It’s the same circuit as the mutable veils.

It’s not as bad as I thought though, it’s just that the level is much higher in log mode. Linear still works but it’s lower.

Probably just a matter to replace a couple of resistors...but need to figure out which ones.
cackland
Have you questioned this with Antumbra?
joem
pix wrote:
It’s the same circuit as the mutable veils.

It’s not as bad as I thought though, it’s just that the level is much higher in log mode. Linear still works but it’s lower.

Probably just a matter to replace a couple of resistors...but need to figure out which ones.

That sounds like how my factory built Veils works. The exponential mode can have a lot more gain if you turn it up. From the Veils site:

Quote:
Gain range: maximum gain of 2 (+6dB) in linear operation, 10 (+20dB) in exponential operation.
pix
Thanks! No problem with it then. It actually nice to have the option but you need to be careful when tweaking the response curve. I thought I had messed a couple of resistors somewhere.
cackland
The website states:

'Several DVCAs can be daisy-chained for voltage controlled mixer operation'

Wondering if these are chainable via a connection at the back of the modules?
joem
I haven't tried it yet, since I only have one (and I haven't built it yet!) but if you see step 25 of the build manual, you'll note that it's adding an In pin to one side of the module and an Out pin to the other side, so presumably you just have to jumper it together with another module right next to it in order to chain them. Kind of a neat way of doing it.
cackland
Yeah I spotted that in the manual after my post.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1