MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Finished my first spool of solder - 24 months into building
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Finished my first spool of solder - 24 months into building
whyfarer
[/img]

On Friday I finished off my first spool of solder (kester #44 rosin core .80mm) while finishing some voice cards on my DDRM build. I started building electronics for music sometime in May 2016 so it's been almost two years exactly.

This single spool has got me through:

(1) building ~85% of a 12Ux104hp build and (I still have a warps, frames, tides, and magpie modular dubldecca to finish it off). For anyone interested, here's the rack: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/628300

(2) 95% of a deckard's dream build
That's a lot of soldering! It's been a fun two years and I look forwards to enjoying what I've built and building more.

Of course, I've already received my second spool - same solder but a touch thinner diameter. Besides finishing off (1) and (2) I know I want to build the DDRM expander, and I have my eyes set on another 2ish rows of eurorack. Plus I'm on the waitlist for a Soma Lyra8 DIY kit smile. Who knows what else my second spool will bring...

Does anyone count build productivity/timelines by spools of solder?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1