MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SH MK2 Assignable CV Knobs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author SH MK2 Assignable CV Knobs
digitalohm

in the above screenshot, is it accurate to say the first knob, or the left most knob is an attenuator for CV IN A, and the second knob or the right most knob is an attenuverter for CV IN B?
mt3
Yes.
Knob layout is using "left to right" precedence. I have to look at the module to remember that B is bipolar and A is unipolar since one would assume it should be reverse (i.e., the CV jack with more functionality would have precedence).
digitalohm
and if you patch nothing into A or B, should the knobs still have some effect?
mt3
digitalohm wrote:
and if you patch nothing into A or B, should the knobs still have some effect?

Yes, the knobs function as manual "DC offsets".
digitalohm
mt3 wrote:

ah ok, thank you! that was messing with me.

I swear I'm reading the section from the latest manual for CV A/B - ASSIGNABLE CONTROLLERS and i didn't see that they function as offsets without anything plugged in. I suppose though thinking about how an offset works, that would make sense very frustrating
mt3
digitalohm wrote:
mt3 wrote:

ah ok, thank you! that was messing with me.

I swear I'm reading the section from the latest manual for CV A/B - ASSIGNABLE CONTROLLERS and i didn't see that they function as offsets without anything plugged in. I suppose though thinking about how an offset works, that would make sense very frustrating

This is the part I am unsure EXACTLY because it's in quotes. I believe it's an offset, as well as an attenuator once a cable is plugged into the corresponding jack. I need to scope it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1