MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla Easel Grounding – solved finally
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla Easel Grounding – solved finally
aread
Thanks to Dave Browns wonderful resource, I tried out his recommendation for a PSU for the Easel.

https://modularsynthesis.com/roman/211_ps/211_ps.htm

Meanwell GSM60A12-P1J 12 volt 5 amp Medical Adapter (Mouser 709-GSM60A12-P1J)

The AC mains earth ground is connected to the DC negative supply so the panels of the Buchla modules will be connected to earth ground.

I am happy to advise that this works beautifully. I no longer need to be tethered to the easel or run a ground cable to another unit.
ArguZ
Product available only to OEM/EMS Customers. Product is not shipped to consumers in the EU.
weedywhizz
Weird. Never had any issues with the Cincons.
Last units I measured all had ground on the negative pin. hmmm.....
Will measure my current batch later today. Maybe there is a difference.

People need to make sure though that ground will be distributed to the boat correctly. I do it via the busboard and the standoff bolts that connect to the boat. If the boat is coated you need to sand down the coat on one of the standoff mounting holes of the boat to make proper grounding possible.
solaris
weedywhizz wrote:
Weird. Never had any issues with the Cincons.
Last units I measured all had ground on the negative pin.

same here (cincon = "ground" on negative pin).
Graham Hinton
aread wrote:

Meanwell GSM60A12-P1J 12 volt 5 amp Medical Adapter (Mouser 709-GSM60A12-P1J)

The AC mains earth ground is connected to the DC negative supply so the panels of the Buchla modules will be connected to earth ground.

This may have solved your immediate problem, but it is not the correct way to ground any audio equipment. You need three wires, one being exclusively connected to Earth one end and the instrument 0V the other. Referring to mains Earth via a cable carrying a varying current up to 5A will lead to problems when cross patching to other audio equipment and it won't pass a safety test either.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1