MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new modules advice
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author new modules advice
ketem13
Hi
Here is my current rack + mother 32.

I was wondering which modules should I add next?

My first two choice I thought about are pressure points(+ brains?) and a wogglebug

what is your advice ?
assuming I would like to have the option to make more 'noise'\end of spectrum timber sounds what would you recommand ?

thanks
cptnal
Howdy.

First, this would be better in the Euro sub-forum.

Second, do you mean "noise" in the "noisy" sense? If so, have you had a look at the Noise Engineering modules. Although not limited to that kind of sound they're very good at it.

Also, wave folders/shapers to make your nice sounds nasty.

The audio outputs of the Wogglebug can be noisy if you pass it external audio. A Disting makes a good sample player for this, and is really a must-have for a small system at any rate. (For a larger system 2+ Distings is a must-have.)

Also, other than timbre, you haven't given much idea of what you're after, be that genre or other area of interest.
ketem13
cptnal wrote:
Howdy.

First, this would be better in the Euro sub-forum.

Second, do you mean "noise" in the "noisy" sense? If so, have you had a look at the Noise Engineering modules. Although not limited to that kind of sound they're very good at it.

Also, wave folders/shapers to make your nice sounds nasty.

The audio outputs of the Wogglebug can be noisy if you pass it external audio. A Disting makes a good sample player for this, and is really a must-have for a small system at any rate. (For a larger system 2+ Distings is a must-have.)

Also, other than timbre, you haven't given much idea of what you're after, be that genre or other area of interest.

Thanks for your answer
I'm interested in stuff as ben vida does https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ioNMHgoKE

and robert piotrowicz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSZCqvIApFc

lots of fm and am modulation I guess..

I also like more ambient stuff that I can get with the mother 32 rings, clouts etc..
cptnal
Interesting stuff. Having listened to some of it I'd throw a LPG or two in there. And definitely a Wogglebug, or some other versatile random source. Kinks' S&H will get you so far...
tdutz
Wogglebugs are wonderfully versatile!
lisa
Those are cool musical examples to aspire to. cool

tdutz wrote:
Wogglebugs are wonderfully versatile!

URA (Ultra-Random Analog) too.
Illwiggle
Yes, Wogglebug, URA, Chance are very good. Have/had all three. Randomization keeps things interesting!
blinosynth
i have a similar setup
(instead of a spo i have a shpeshifter)
i will suggest you a morphagene
is a beuty and with all your modules fit perfectly
it hads layers and movement to your recording and u can make an intire track just listen to it with all the variations (gene slide morph knobs)
it need some random in my opinion!! (you can use batumi with parassite firmware) Miley Cyrus
williamjturkel
Batumi with parasite firmware goes a good distance toward what the Wogglebug does. Morphagene would be my first choice, followed by a wavetable oscillator (love the Piston Honda).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1