MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

WAV RECORDER from 4ms Company
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author WAV RECORDER from 4ms Company
4mspedals
Officially announcing the WAV RECORDER!

- Records high-fidelity, low-noise, stereo WAV files onto microSD Card.
- Configurable to 96kHz, 48kHz, or 44.1kHz; and 24-bit or 16-bit; and stereo or mono
- Accepts modular signal level or line level.
- Gain knob and LED level meter allows you easily boost or cut any signal, from eurorack to smart phones.
- Audio can be monitored without recording, so the WAV RECORDER can also be used as a pre-amp for boosting line-level signals to modular level.
- Playback previous recordings (or any WAV file on the microSD Card)
- Playback and Record are activated by button press or a trigger jack
- Recording time and number of files are limited only by available space on card: Typical cards can hold thousands of sample files and hundreds of hours of audio
- Continuous Recording feature automatically breaks long recordings into multiple 4GB files. With a large SD Card (128GB), you can record continuously for 2 weeks without stopping!
- Connects to the (upcoming) 4ms LISTEN modules for recording directly from the main output.
- 24-bit 96kHz Codec (DAC and ADC)
- Measured -90dB signal-to-noise ratio (audio inputs to actual WAV file)
- Compatible with the STS bank/sample filesystem

$269.00
Release Date: July 7, 2018

ps: Yes, black faceplates will be available!
SCOOBA_TANK
HELL YES!!!

Kudos to the first wiggler to record a two week straight generative patch. hihi But seriously, this is killer. And I’m really curious to see how people start to use this as another voice or even modulation source. I can definitely see some interesting possibilities.
brianobush
Been waiting for this for a long time. I have several recording solutions already: (1) disting, (2) field recorder; however, I usually have the disting doing delay, and the field recorder is not as convenient or on location with case. Having this in rack is a win!

Thanks 4ms!
gonkulator
I wonder how files are accessed? Sequentially, random, 0-5/10 cv?
wildfrontiers
SCOOBA_TANK wrote:
HELL YES!!!

Kudos to the first wiggler to record a two week straight generative patch. hihi But seriously, this is killer. And I’m really curious to see how people start to use this as another voice or even modulation source. I can definitely see some interesting possibilities.

Ha, would be cool to record a generative patch while at work or out and about. Come back and see what happened.
Basterdman
awesome. cant wait
tauburn
The real question is whether it comes with an SD card.
JohnLRice
Looks great! love

Tunatoboggan
Thank you so much for supporting 96k, that's the main selling point for me
Dcramer
SCOOBA_TANK wrote:
HELL YES!!!

Kudos to the first wiggler to record a two week straight generative patch. hihi

twisted
AntonWoldhek
was Wondering for awhile why this didn’t exist yet smile
reiz trigger
AntonWoldhek wrote:
was Wondering for awhile why this didn’t exist yet smile

it already did. only 48khz and line level though:
https://www.alyseum.com/record.html
Avjr
Now this will be very, very handy. Count me in.
danishchairs
On playback, I wonder if the button will act as:

A) Start and stop (playback always starts at beginning of file)
or
B) Start and pause (playback resumes from where it was paused).

Not sure which option most wigglers would prefer. (I’d vote for pause, but option to restart from beginning would be good, too.)
Orange
Cool!

Playback and Record are activated by button press or a trigger jack’

Sorry, I am not very familiair with recording in the rack. I wonder.....with the trigger jack no ‘syncing’ issues when I want to multitrack afterwards in the DAW? hmmm.....
For instance, I’ve made a sketch on the modular and record the sketch on the wave recorder by triggering the recorder with Pamela’s New Workout. Then I copy the file afterwards to the DAW on let’s say track 1 and after that I record another patch directly into the DAW on track 2 (Recording also starts after the first trigger from PNW). Are these two tracks in sync?
I hate it that I have to turn on the pc everytime I’ve made something that I think is worth recording Russian Roulette
matttech
I wonder how you select which file you play back from the SD card?
brianobush
matttech wrote:
I wonder how you select which file you play back from the SD card?

IIRC I believe it is the last recorded file that is played back.
forestcaver
My initial reaction was “cool - I want!” but on reflection I’m not sure I get this at all. Why would you use this over a cheaper field recorder that doesn’t use valuable rack space and power? And which also allows random access to track playback..... What am I missing? What does this offer that my field recorder doesn’t? Sorry if I am missing something obvious!
mangobob
This looks really cool.. I think a lot of people are going to enjoy an integrated non computer screen recording solution
Joe.
forestcaver wrote:
Why would you use this over a cheaper field recorder that doesn’t use valuable rack space and power?

Because rack space, or power, isn't limited for all people?

forestcaver
Joe. wrote:
forestcaver wrote:
Why would you use this over a cheaper field recorder that doesn’t use valuable rack space and power?

Because rack space, or power, isn't limited for all people?

Fair enough!
Zymos
Can you plug a modular level signal directly into a field recorder?
damase
forestcaver wrote:
My initial reaction was “cool - I want!” but on reflection I’m not sure I get this at all. Why would you use this over a cheaper field recorder that doesn’t use valuable rack space and power? And which also allows random access to track playback..... What am I missing? What does this offer that my field recorder doesn’t? Sorry if I am missing something obvious!

If its in the rack, you will never miss a moment...

There is lots of things you can do externally to save rack space. You can have your external mackie mixer, your octatrack sequencer, your guitar pedal effects, your analog heat back end, your stereo DI, your field recorder ect ect ect. My opinion is now youve got a big mess so much that its not even fun to make music after its all set up!

How many times have you turned on your modular and made tons of cool noises without recording any of it? I imagine a lot of people are like me, and do this far too much. I find a lot of value in this aspect, having a high quality recorder integrated into the setup naturally. Especially if you use samplers and need lots of those cool moments to utilize in other ways
forestcaver
I guess I just leave my field recorder by the side of the modular so never needed a module like this.... I only really rack things that are cvable. So I use an external sound card/sequencer/daw and external recorder. If this had some form of cvable random access I’d understand it though :-) Seems like lots of people really want to use this sort of module and think it’s a great idea so I’ll grab my hat :-)
forestcaver
Zymos wrote:
Can you plug a modular level signal directly into a field recorder?

I just use an attenuator....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2