||Increasing quality AUDIO/CV output count?
| br>First off, great products, they've rekindled my love to my synths more then anything so far.. I've tried to research this by googling and couldn't get an understanding.
So, If I don't want to divide the sample rate of which I'm working.. what would be an optimal solution for increasing the audio/cv output count maintaining the same samplerate on all outputs?.. I have an ES-5 and an ESX-8CV expansions and while they've both been proven useful for certain patches, there are certain patches where I simply needed more dependable Audio/CV outs like the original 8 outs that come on the ES-8, that can translate to accurate LFOs and Envelopes via Blocks/MAX as well as perform audio rate manipulation.
I don't like the ASIO4All for timing issues (it was neat to save 2 outputs on the ES-8 but it cost a myriad of other problems) so running es-8 as my main interface through direct monitoring is great for me, because I can switch interfaces easily from synth mode and mix mode, but at the cost of 2 outputs.
Then ES-5 + ESX-8CV grab 2 more outputs, but for all their utility (and its a big one for sure) you do remain with only 4 of those 'pristine' outputs.
So for expanding purposes -
Would a good ADAT audio interface be of use here?
Would connecting an ES-8 with adat to ES-3 do that? to another ES-8?
Is there an ES-80 coming out soon maybe?
What setup would give me the biggest count of those Audio/CV outputs with an ES system?
Using windows and Cubase 9.5 br> br>
| br>An ES-3 would be the easiest solution for you.
Otherwise you'll need to buy another USB/Thunderbolt audio interface with multiple ADAT outputs and use that to drive multiple ES-8s or ES-3s. br> br>
| br>Related, just got ahold of a 1 i/o adat card (rme babyface pro)
1. Is 1 pair of adat worthless in this quest for more cv outs and the setup I currently have (es-8, esx-8cv, es-5)?
2. Can I connect it to ES-8 with expansions working as well?
3. And if it is worthless, would instead connecting my ES-8 through adat to another ES-3 will give more of those high samplerate audio/cv outs?
3. Is there a possibility to connect those through the GT headers?
4. Are there ADAT audio interfaces you can recommend? I would easily buy a couple of ES-3s if they can all be triggered from the same interface. (not including asio4all).
If it matters, CV outs are far more important to me then Audio outs
Sorry for the interrogation! And thanks! br> br>
| br>1. You'll have to use asio4all, which you said you didn't want to do.
3. No. Connection from ES-8 to ES-3 is via ADAT.
4. There are plenty. E.g. MOTU, RME. I believe MOTU make one that is just 4x ADAT in/out, no other i/o. br> br>
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group