MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutable Grids Swing?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Mutable Grids Swing?
insoul8
Is there any way i can introduce swing on the Grids when I am clocking it externally? I am clocking it with Pam's using x24 and haven't been able to work out any way. I did get Grids to do some unique sounding stuff when i introduced a little random skipping on the x24 clock but i'd really like to be able to dial in some swing and have it respond accordingly but it seems the random encoder when set to control swing only works when the Grids is using internal clock.

I suppose i could have grids be the master and clock Pam's but that's not really ideal either.
DMR
The swing on Grids only applies to the internal clock, to have swing and sync to an external clock you would need to apply the swing to the clock source before Grids.
Mikeyg3k
Pamela’s new can do a lot of what grids can do ?
insoul8
Mikeyg3k wrote:
Pamela’s new can do a lot of what grids can do ?

Yea, i've actually been using Pam's more for percussion recently and having grids actually triggering synth voices. i was just wondering if there was a way to apply swing with an external clock. Pam's has become really indispensable though.
insoul8
DMR wrote:
The swing on Grids only applies to the internal clock, to have swing and sync to an external clock you would need to apply the swing to the clock source before Grids.

I don't think that would actually work though as it wouldn't swing the individual triggers properly, right? It would just swing the whole clock.
desolationjones
If Grids has internal swing and clock division / multiplication, you could strip the swing out of your incoming clock using a separate clock divider. Then reintroduce swing in the Grids internally.
pichenettes
insoul8 wrote:
DMR wrote:

I don't think that would actually work though as it wouldn't swing the individual triggers properly, right? It would just swing the whole clock.

That would work.

Grids' swing control applies swing on the internal clock.

The triggers are only generated in sync with clock ticks. If you want swing on your triggers, you need swing on the clock.
insoul8
pichenettes wrote:
insoul8 wrote:
DMR wrote:

That would work.

Grids' swing control applies swing on the internal clock.

The triggers are only generated in sync with clock ticks. If you want swing on your triggers, you need swing on the clock.

Thanks!
DonKartofflo
I do this all the time sending 24ppqn from expert sleepers sync plugin. Works like a charm, 16th swing, 8th swing all perfect.
I also thinks its much more convenient to have the chaos under voltage control rather than swing which is something at least i usually set and forget
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1