MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Gotharman's Little deFormer 3
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Author Gotharman's Little deFormer 3
gotharman
I am currently working on a new prototype w00t

Site:
http://www.gotharman.dk/LD3.htm
gotharman
gotharman
rayce
Gotharman strikes again!

I don't know how you manage to design and release so many unique instruments as a one man operation. Love it!

The filters on that sound sick! Its got to be analog. Same filters as Polyspaze?

Really like the XoX style interface alongside the touchscreen. That things going to be a monster. And you managed to fit it all in the LD2/Polyspaze form factor. Can't wait to see all the specs on it.
gotharman
Thank you very much Rayce.

Honestly, I have no idea what else I should do...

The filters are actually the same as the new digital filters in PolySpaze and duoSpaze. It makes me really happy, that they sound that analog. LD3 will have the filterboard system, so no analog filters as standard.

It is only a prototype right now, and I actually think that the final model will be boxed in an Anamono X sized box. Things are a tiny bit too cramped together inside of it right now.
stikygum
Wow, this is really cool. Great to see x0x buttons on Gotharman gear. What I really like seeing is that the buttons look like they can be used for quick direct access to specific function/parameters, just one button click away. If those buttons can also be used for sequencing notes applause And combined with the touchscreen this could be the most intuitive interface Gotharman has created. Really looking forward to this.

As much as I like all the analog filters I purchased with my Xmini, I think very highly of Gotharman digital filters. They sound excellent and I think other company's should strive to sound as good. But they can't, which is why I like to buy Gotharman products SlayerBadger!
gotharman
stikygum wrote:
Wow, this is really cool. Great to see x0x buttons on Gotharman gear. What I really like seeing is that the buttons look like they can be used for quick direct access to specific function/parameters, just one button click away. If those buttons can also be used for sequencing notes applause And combined with the touchscreen this could be the most intuitive interface Gotharman has created. Really looking forward to this.

As much as I like all the analog filters I purchased with my Xmini, I think very highly of Gotharman digital filters. They sound excellent and I think other company's should strive to sound as good. But they can't, which is why I like to buy Gotharman products SlayerBadger!

Really great to hear that you like this! And thanks so much for all your kind words. It is such comments, that makes me want to go on!!!

Yeah, 2 years of hard work designing my completely own digital filter algorithms, certainly paid off in the end. I am really satisfied with them.
stikygum
Did that ever pay off! I know all your customers are loving those filters.

I know you had mentioned that you are thinking you'll have to put the LD3 into a bigger Anamono X case. Would that mean you could add 4 more knobs too? I'm curious how much that would add to the cost versus the Xmini case with 4 knobs.

Also, a minor request/question: Any chance you could make the LD3 all black like the original Fuzion. I think that looks quite stunning. Seems weird, but just looking at my black Fuzion makes me happy.
meska
i whant to see more of that beast smile
Panason
gotharman wrote:

Looks like a good way to pass the time.. hyper
meska
Any chance to have encoder this time (to avoide value jump) ?
And my only scare is aboute the number of knob for the workflow (i thinck a tactil screen may avoide that smile )
gotharman
stikygum wrote:
Did that ever pay off! I know all your customers are loving those filters.

I know you had mentioned that you are thinking you'll have to put the LD3 into a bigger Anamono X case. Would that mean you could add 4 more knobs too? I'm curious how much that would add to the cost versus the Xmini case with 4 knobs.

Also, a minor request/question: Any chance you could make the LD3 all black like the original Fuzion. I think that looks quite stunning. Seems weird, but just looking at my black Fuzion makes me happy.

I am also really satisfied with my digital filter design Rockin' Banana!
In the newer models (LD3, PolySpaze and duoSpaze) they have even been improved a bit, with more bass on some types, and self-oscilating resonance on some.

The next planned prototype will not have any additional knobs. The extra room will be used for a larger Gotharman logo hihi hihi hihi
I think that adding 4 extra knobs would add something around 40-50 euro to the final price (a loose approximation). Unfortunately, as the times are, I have to care about things like production costs, so unless a new protest organization will raise because of this, it is most likely, that the number of knobs will be the same.

If you like, you can get it with a black box shell. I stopped using these because 30% of them came here and were scratched. So there are a chance, that such a fully black LD3 will have some minor scratches.
gotharman
meska wrote:
i whant to see more of that beast smile

You will! Soon!
gotharman
Panason wrote:
gotharman wrote:

Looks like a good way to pass the time.. hyper

Yeah, it works... hyper
gotharman
meska wrote:
Any chance to have encoder this time (to avoide value jump) ?
And my only scare is aboute the number of knob for the workflow (i thinck a tactil screen may avoide that smile )

No, personally I don't like the endless encoders. I like the analog feel of the potentiometers. It might though get a "snap" mode to avoid parameter jumps (just like LD2).

I think that the workflow is fine. It has 2 rows of 4 parameters (8 in total) on each page. Touch the row you want to edit, and edit with 4 of the knobs. It does have a touchscreen.
stikygum
Anyone want 8 knobs instead of 4, for the LD3? Put in your vote now.

If adding 4 extra knobs would only add 40-50 euro to the cost, I think that is a no brainer in my mind. Does anyone else here think so too? I think it speeds up the workflow quite a lot. Definitely worth more than 50 euros to me. Interface is a big deal. I love my Xmini, but I do feel that it could feel like less menu diving if I didn't have to press which row of parameters I want to edit. This is one area of the interface I could see for improvement, but I still love my Xmini.

I'm the kind of guy that likes to hit a button and have immediate constant access to all the parameters the menu shows, instead of pressing a button more times to switch back and forth between different sections of the menu/screen.
stikygum
gotharman wrote:

In the newer models (LD3, PolySpaze and duoSpaze) they have even been improved a bit, with more bass on some types, and self-oscilating resonance on some.

The next planned prototype will not have any additional knobs. The extra room will be used for a larger Gotharman logo hihi hihi hihi
I think that adding 4 extra knobs would add something around 40-50 euro to the final price (a loose approximation). Unfortunately, as the times are, I have to care about things like production costs, so unless a new protest organization will raise because of this, it is most likely, that the number of knobs will be the same.

If you like, you can get it with a black box shell. I stopped using these because 30% of them came here and were scratched. So there are a chance, that such a fully black LD3 will have some minor scratches.

Actually regarding a larger Gotharman logo, do you have any Gotharman stickers? I would even like to buy a T-shirt. I think the logo looks really cool. cool

Awesome to hear about those digital filters. I thought the ones in the Fuzion were really cool, but these sound like somehow they could be even better yet, which is impressive in itself.

Oh I would love to get the LD3 in fully black. love SlayerBadger! I think it looks super slick and sexy. I'm pretty good with keeping my gear in good shape, so I would be a good candidate for a fully black one.
rayce
I'm a big fan of knob per function but I have gotten used to the upper lower paradigm that the Polyspaze and AnamonoXmini use. Its pretty fast.

I'd be happy to pay 50 more for the 8 knobs. I can also understand Flemming's concern about keeping prices down.

And man those digital filter sounds in your video had me totally fooled. Was sure it was the analog filters. They really have a great growling lively sound to them.
meska
rayce wrote:

I'd be happy to pay 50 more for the 8 knobs. I can also understand Flemming's concern about keeping prices down.

agree 100 % we will see smile
gotharman
Thank you very much for giving your opinions regarding the number of knobs.

The PCB's for the rev. 3 prototype, that will also have 4 edit knobs, has already been made, so it will be built, when I have tested what I need to test on rev. 2.

When LD3 is ready to be put up for pre-ordering, I will put up 2 models, one with 4 edit knobs, and one with 8. The model that gets most pre-orders will be put into production. I think that this is the most fair way to do things.

Actually there will then be 4 different models since, like LD2, LD3 will be available with either 100 minutes (512 MB) or 200 minutes (1 GB) of sample memory. This time it will though have the super stable NOR FLASH memories.
gotharman
stikygum wrote:
gotharman wrote:

Actually regarding a larger Gotharman logo, do you have any Gotharman stickers? I would even like to buy a T-shirt. I think the logo looks really cool. cool

Awesome to hear about those digital filters. I thought the ones in the Fuzion were really cool, but these sound like somehow they could be even better yet, which is impressive in itself.

Oh I would love to get the LD3 in fully black. love SlayerBadger! I think it looks super slick and sexy. I'm pretty good with keeping my gear in good shape, so I would be a good candidate for a fully black one.

Great to hear that you like the Gotharman logo! Thank you very much! Unfortunately I do not yet have any stickers, and I only got one t-shirt. Maybe I should get some made...

You will get it in fully black then :-)
gotharman
rayce wrote:
I'm a big fan of knob per function but I have gotten used to the upper lower paradigm that the Polyspaze and AnamonoXmini use. Its pretty fast.

And man those digital filter sounds in your video had me totally fooled. Was sure it was the analog filters. They really have a great growling lively sound to them.

Thank you very much! Those filters are not bad at all!
rayce
gotharman wrote:
Thank you very much for giving your opinions regarding the number of knobs.

When LD3 is ready to be put up for pre-ordering, I will put up 2 models, one with 4 edit knobs, and one with 8. The model that gets most pre-orders will be put into production. I think that this is the most fair way to do things.

Awesome, Love that you are doing this. applause

May the best LD3 win! SlayerBadger!
gotharman
Tweaking those filters:

Koku
These are exciting news, Flemming!

Could you perhaps provide us with some info on additional/different features of the LD3 compared to LD2 – besides the obvious interface changes. New algorithms or effects perhaps?

By the way, after a year, my LD2 still remains my mostly used gear. Really looking forward to the release of LD3.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Page 1 of 21