MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Noise Wavetables
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Noise Wavetables
digitalohm
Just started using the waveedit software and went through all the banks from it's page. Aside from creating my own, does anyone have a legit source for noise wavetables?

I know ableton has some from it's new wave synth, I might see if I can extract those and get them formatted for the ph mk3.
digitalohm
i did find all the tables used by ableton wave at:

/Applications/Ableton Live 10 Suite.app/Contents/App-Resources/Dsp/Vector/Sprites

the "noise" tables are not what I expected, so I might not be approaching this correctly...
mt3
Yet to try WaveEdit. Does it allow you to record Ableton's output?
Maybe just resample Ableton's Wavetable and then export that to WaveEdit?
memes_33
maybe i'm missing something, but wavetables assume the wave is repeated, and noise is not repeated, so is there really such thing as a noise wave/wave table? if so, please educate me
digitalohm
mt3 wrote:
Yet to try WaveEdit. Does it allow you to record Ableton's output?
Maybe just resample Ableton's Wavetable and then export that to WaveEdit?

I haven't checked to see if it can record input. You can get the .wav files for Ableton's Wavetable synth from the folder path I mentioned and just load them up. So far though Wave Edit is really nice to use, just time consuming when creating your own wave forms.

memes_33 wrote:
maybe i'm missing something, but wavetables assume the wave is repeated, and noise is not repeated, so is there really such thing as a noise wave/wave table? if so, please educate me

You are good, I'm the one that is just getting into wavetable concepts, so I wasn't understanding it at first. I had assumed at first that since there was a bank of "noise" tables from other synths there was something different, but examined in wave edit they are no different than others.
mt3
Good overview of wavetables here:
https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/new-wave-depth-look-wavetable/
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1