MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How to fade in portamento?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author How to fade in portamento?
beliefsystemrecords
Hello there

Im trying to slowly apply slew to my v/oct. The problem is my slew module (A-170 Dual Slew Limiter) does not have any cv over slew time. Could i use a crossfader to fade between slewed and unmodified signal? or does the crossfader screw my tracking. Any other easy way to achieve this without having to buy a module with cv over slew (like maybe maths or a doepfer A-171-2)?

Thanks for your help!
authorless
Cross fader will probably fuck up your tracking. Best way to do it is take your hand, grab that knob, and give it a turn.
Joe.
I don't think it's possible with what you have.

Just heads up, the doepfer A-171-2 requires some type of buffmult after the output, otherwise it will effect tracking thumbs up

Catflap
I know you don´t want to buy a new module but Maths really is an excellent and versatile Slew.
Rex Coil 7
Catflap wrote:
I know you don´t want to buy a new module but Maths really is an excellent and versatile Slew.
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up BIG time.

So is the Befaco Rampage.

I've used envelope gens with their output VCA controlled by Velocity to modulate slew rates created by the MATHS. Use a gate to trigger the EG, send the EG signal out to a VCA, use velocity to control how much of the EG modulates the MATHS (which is set up as a slew). Makes for envelope-though-VCA-velocity-controlled slew. Hit a key harder and the slew shortens. The EG makes the slew really "slope upwards". Works a treat!

I have 2 MATHS, and I want 2 more! And I am a 5U guy! I use Euro to control all of my 5U modules, which do nothing but audio ... VCOs, VCFs, Mixers, VCAs. All of the envelope gens, LFOs, 1v/oct processing, and other modulators are all Euro.

cool
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1