MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Shakmat - Gemini's Path
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author New Shakmat - Gemini's Path
Bishop Dust
At the Superbooth, we presented along to the Clock O Pawn a brand new module, please meet the Gemini's Path. w00t

A 6hp and skiff friendly stereo processor with a high end analog signal path, an audio to trigger converter and a smart modulation source. Combined together the module allows to easily control the dynamic of two signals (decaying, gating, side chain compression, auto accentuations on drums,...) or to mess with the stereo (auto panning, independent settings per channel, ...) 

Features 

• Dual That Corp VCA for low noise and low distorsion signal processing

• Analog audio to trigger converter with dedicated threshold potentiometer and trigger detection LED

• Modulation source controlled by the Time and Depth amount potentiometers and CV inputs
• External side chain input

• Pump mode reducing the signal amplitude when a trigger is detected

• Expander mode increasing the signal amplitude when a trigger is detected

• Sine Pan mode applying a Sine LFO on the signal's pan

• Random Pan mode applying a random modulation on the signal's pan

• Alternate behaviour for each mode (different response curves - panning principles)

• 4 different control configurations (channel 1, channel 2, dual or shared)

• User replaceable firmware chip

• High quality metal potentiometers with double rubber injected knobs

• Skiff friendly (25mm deep)

• 6 HP Wide

The module should be available late summer ! [/img]
Queequeg
Looks exciting. I would love to hear some demos.
R.U.Nuts
Ok, well: So this is basically a dual VCA with decay envelopes, a sine LFO and prepatched routings for stereo panning applications in 6HP? If so: How much for the DIY kit? Rockin' Banana!
xenosapien
Oh yes.

+1 for a DIY Kit.
Bishop Dust
R.U.Nuts wrote:
Ok, well: So this is basically a dual VCA with decay envelopes, a sine LFO and prepatched routings for stereo panning applications in 6HP? If so: How much for the DIY kit? Rockin' Banana!

Basicaly yes - but Mr. Green think about the panning curve you need to make a correct panning effect - the fact to reproduce a sidechain compressor (take an envelop, invert it, add an offset, use a separate VCA) and so on - so the fact that this module is integrating all those things under one panel make your studio lif eeasier for those applications smile

We don't have the pricing yet - but yes it will be available as a kit SlayerBadger!
Paranormal Patroler
This is definitely one of my favorite things from SB18! I had so much fun messing around with a stereo mix through this. It's just perfect for live performances IMHO.
Jumbuktu
Another neat, capable module from Shakmat. Will the DIY be SMD or through-hole?
Bishop Dust
Diy with an already soldered smd board !
Seaweed Sound
This looks cool.. nice compact utility for ducking.

Couple of questions:
1) Is the attack fixed or does Time control both attack and decay? If fixed, what is the attack time?
2) Does the gain reduction change with the strength of the input signal or is it consistent/fixed according to the depth control? I forget the proper term.. I think downward expander vs ducking
3) Will the Ext Side Chain take a raw trigger/gate or only audio?

Thanks for any additional info
Bishop Dust
mangobob wrote:
This looks cool.. nice compact utility for ducking.

Couple of questions:
1) Is the attack fixed or does Time control both attack and decay? If fixed, what is the attack time?
2) Does the gain reduction change with the strength of the input signal or is it consistent/fixed according to the depth control? I forget the proper term.. I think downward expander vs ducking
3) Will the Ext Side Chain take a raw trigger/gate or only audio?

Thanks for any additional info

Attack is null - our first design was bigger (10hp) with a attack knob. We finally went to the 6hp version because :

- attack knob had no real sense for the random / lfo modes or should have been labelled weirdly (attack / symetry)

- 10hp with attack vs 6hp without was a pretty obvious match result (add the difference of costs)

- we went to the conclusion that the main applications are emulating side chain compression (wich is very often release only in electronic music) - decaying sources (by the way send a noise in first input and sine in the second one, sum the outputs and choose decay / dual mode - it is a perfect tool to do the dynamic job for percussions)

The module converts audio into triggers meaning it does not react to audio level.

keep in mind this is not a proper compressor or expander. But it is a very handy module to emulate those devices for very common electronic music applications without dealing with a complex compressor / expander interface - and cherry on the cake it offers more w00t
Seaweed Sound
Cool thanks for the info.. I'm glad the attack is fast
Bishop Dust
mangobob wrote:
Cool thanks for the info.. I'm glad the attack is fast

the attack time is a bit less then 1 ms for now - we are working to reduce it as much as we can - but as the modulation generator is digital, the attack cannot be faster then the latency !
teamhobson
Any updates on this Bishop Dust?
tuj
OMG THAT Corp. Seriously the best chips.
Bishop Dust
The module is currently in production (we had a lot of beta testing reviews smile so a lot of choices and prototyping smile )

We added a few stuff more informations soon !
Phitar
R.U.Nuts wrote:

But basically isn't that quite a lot in 6 hp? confused
Daisuk
Ooooh, interested in the DIY kit of this. Guinness ftw!
R.U.Nuts
Phitar wrote:
R.U.Nuts wrote:

Yes it is. That's why there's the Rockin' Banana! And my question about the price is because I want one. I'm not a native English speaker so I guess I messed something up: I didn't bash the features/size ratio. I find it rather impressive. Moreso since the interface doesn't look all too cramped and only uses one of those horrible minishaft pots which I try to avoid whenever I can.
Bishop Dust
That's indeed a lot in 6 hp wink we really focused on intuitivity and simplicity - you can think about tricky settings but the main modes are very easy to use. Interface is also easy to understand mainly if you already had a peaks in your hands.

This module will be available as a DIY kit ! Pricing in a few days wink
Daisuk
Bishop Dust wrote:
That's indeed a lot in 6 hp wink we really focused on intuitivity and simplicity - you can think about tricky settings but the main modes are very easy to use. Interface is also easy to understand mainly if you already had a peaks in your hands.

Nice! A lot in 6hp indeed! I take it thonk will stock them? smile
Illiac
Super stoked for this one!
evs
Does it remember it state after a power cyle?
Paranormal Patroler
I'm so anxious to get my hands on the final unit!
2disbetter
R.U.Nuts wrote:
Phitar wrote:
R.U.Nuts wrote:

Yes it is. That's why there's the Rockin' Banana! And my question about the price is because I want one. I'm not a native English speaker so I guess I messed something up.

Nah your English was fine. At the beginning it did have a slight negative tone, but it became apparent this wasn't intended when you asked about a DIY kit. And just incase there was any doubt, as you said, the dancing guitar banana insured the reader knew this was a positive question about the model.

thumbs up
Bishop Dust
Daisuk wrote:
Bishop Dust wrote:

Nice! A lot in 6hp indeed! I take it thonk will stock them? smile

I m pretty sure smile
Bishop Dust
evs wrote:
Does it remember it state after a power cyle?

You can save a state yes smile
R.U.Nuts
2disbetter wrote:
R.U.Nuts wrote:
Phitar wrote:
R.U.Nuts wrote:

Yes it is. That's why there's the Rockin' Banana! And my question about the price is because I want one. I'm not a native English speaker so I guess I messed something up.

Nah your English was fine. At the beginning it did have a slight negative tone, but it became apparent this wasn't intended when you asked about a DIY kit. And just incase there was any doubt, as you said, the dancing guitar banana insured the reader knew this was a positive question about the model.

thumbs up

THX w00t
teamhobson
Bishop Dust wrote:
The module is currently in production (we had a lot of beta testing reviews smile so a lot of choices and prototyping smile )

We added a few stuff more informations soon !

Oohh, can't wait to hear whats new.

Did I miss the pricing news or has that still not been released?
Bishop Dust
Here we go with pricing :

Assembled : 219 €/$ incl taxes

Kits : 169 €/$ incl taxes

The kits is a SMD board (pre soldered) and a thru hole board (for pot / buttons / jack connectors / LEDs / power supply) with a few components ! Fast and easy build smile
Paranormal Patroler
Sweet love love
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 2