MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Chase Bliss Condor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Chase Bliss Condor
GovernorSilver
It's time to add a wah or filter pedal to my pedalboard. Took a look at traditional wah and some filter pedals, and eventually found the Chase Bliss. I like the onboard EQ for tweaking for electric violin usage vs. guitar. Well, I like a lot of things about this pedal actually.

http://chaseblissaudio.com/product/condor/

I dig the low end added by the pedal here:
[s]https://soundcloud.com/chaseblissaudio/qua-something?in=chaseblissa udio/sets/condor[/s]

Obligatory Knobs video:

GuyaGuy
Pretty cool. The combo of trem and filter reminds me of the DOD VibroThang, but the Chase Bliss obviously has a lot more going on. The distortion modulation is pretty unique for a stompbox.
Sinamsis
I saw this announcement around NAMM I think. I haven't paid it much attention ONLY because in the past year I've bought all of their other pedals (Wombtone, Warped Vinyl, Brothers, Spectre, Tonal Recall and Gravitas). Their pedals are spectacular. Not only do they sound awesome, they have a ton of features. For me the big deal is the MIDI implementation and preset storage. Combining them with something like the Boss ES-8 allows instant recall of some pretty complex combinations in an all analog signal pathway. While I can't say it always matters, I do think there's a particular magic with analog phasers, filters, flangers, delays, distortions/gain stages, etc. I like digital effects as well, and I'm not trying to turn this into an analog digital thing. But in the pedal world it has been hard to find analog effects under digital control. And did I mention they sound really good? Ha, I'm definitely not going to look at this or the Thermae. I'm out of pedalboard space, and I'm definitely not going to buy a third MIDIbox.
smetak
I have both the Condor and the Thermae on order - probably receiving them some time next month.

Can't get enough of Chase Bliss!

Amazing effects!
MindMachine
Smetak - may I ask a personal question? What is your pedal count?

You are a fiend!
GovernorSilver
smetak wrote:
I have both the Condor and the Thermae on order - probably receiving them some time next month.

I'd be interested in a review of the Thermae. I'd like to know if the pitch shift can be manually controlled. There's mention of the pitch sequencer having a manual step mode but that's different.
lutoslawski
thermae ships 31 may, but here is the manual, and yes, seems that it´s possible control intervals in a sequence-delay of three notes

http://chaseblissaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/CBA_Thermae_Inst ructions-PageThru.pdf

and condor, looks perfect for synths...
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Smetak - may I ask a personal question? What is your pedal count?

You are a fiend!

Good question.

I have no idea.....but its WAY TOO MUCH....(yes, my wife wants to kill me).
GovernorSilver
lutoslawski wrote:
thermae ships 31 may, but here is the manual, and yes, seems that it´s possible control intervals in a sequence-delay of three notes

That's good news. There's reference to a Soundcloud demo page, which is not up yet, but presumably still under development.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1