Chase Bliss Condor

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

GovernorSilver
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Chase Bliss Condor

Post by GovernorSilver » Thu May 17, 2018 2:02 pm

It's time to add a wah or filter pedal to my pedalboard. Took a look at traditional wah and some filter pedals, and eventually found the Chase Bliss. I like the onboard EQ for tweaking for electric violin usage vs. guitar. Well, I like a lot of things about this pedal actually.

http://chaseblissaudio.com/product/condor/

I dig the low end added by the pedal here:
https://soundcloud.com/chaseblissaudio/ ... ets/condor

Obligatory Knobs video:

[video][/video]

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GuyaGuy » Thu May 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Pretty cool. The combo of trem and filter reminds me of the DOD VibroThang, but the Chase Bliss obviously has a lot more going on. The distortion modulation is pretty unique for a stompbox.

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Thu May 17, 2018 6:18 pm

I saw this announcement around NAMM I think. I haven't paid it much attention ONLY because in the past year I've bought all of their other pedals (Wombtone, Warped Vinyl, Brothers, Spectre, Tonal Recall and Gravitas). Their pedals are spectacular. Not only do they sound awesome, they have a ton of features. For me the big deal is the MIDI implementation and preset storage. Combining them with something like the Boss ES-8 allows instant recall of some pretty complex combinations in an all analog signal pathway. While I can't say it always matters, I do think there's a particular magic with analog phasers, filters, flangers, delays, distortions/gain stages, etc. I like digital effects as well, and I'm not trying to turn this into an analog digital thing. But in the pedal world it has been hard to find analog effects under digital control. And did I mention they sound really good? Ha, I'm definitely not going to look at this or the Thermae. I'm out of pedalboard space, and I'm definitely not going to buy a third MIDIbox.

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Fri May 18, 2018 1:27 pm

I have both the Condor and the Thermae on order - probably receiving them some time next month.

Can't get enough of Chase Bliss!

Amazing effects!

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat May 19, 2018 1:18 am

Smetak - may I ask a personal question? What is your pedal count?

You are a fiend!

GovernorSilver
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GovernorSilver » Sat May 19, 2018 9:50 am

smetak wrote:I have both the Condor and the Thermae on order - probably receiving them some time next month.
I'd be interested in a review of the Thermae. I'd like to know if the pitch shift can be manually controlled. There's mention of the pitch sequencer having a manual step mode but that's different.
Member of Alliance for Synth Farting

lutoslawski
Common Wiggler

Post by lutoslawski » Sun May 20, 2018 7:48 am

thermae ships 31 may, but here is the manual, and yes, seems that it´s possible control intervals in a sequence-delay of three notes

http://chaseblissaudio.com/wp-content/u ... geThru.pdf

and condor, looks perfect for synths...

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Sun May 20, 2018 10:14 pm

MindMachine wrote:Smetak - may I ask a personal question? What is your pedal count?

You are a fiend!
Good question.

I have no idea.....but its WAY TOO MUCH....(yes, my wife wants to kill me).

GovernorSilver
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GovernorSilver » Mon May 21, 2018 3:41 pm

lutoslawski wrote:thermae ships 31 may, but here is the manual, and yes, seems that it´s possible control intervals in a sequence-delay of three notes
That's good news. There's reference to a Soundcloud demo page, which is not up yet, but presumably still under development.
Member of Alliance for Synth Farting

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:51 pm

So, has no one tested/got a Thermae?

Got mine a while ago - wild effect, I must say - like no other delay I have ever put my hand on.

Still attempting to wrap my head around the knobs, especially the two interval functions - when adding, say, an octave above the original delayed note you don't get only a high-pitched note, as expected, but also this deep, crazy "swoosh" - really out there!

Steadily advancing onto the DIP switch realm, but very timidly - like all Chase Bliss boxes, this one seems like a Chinese puzzle, full of meanders & intricacies & surprises - yep, not cheap, but worth every cent. Brilliant as always.

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”