MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Graphic Waveform Generator Model 268e
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Graphic Waveform Generator Model 268e
traffkin
We here at Keen Association, are very proud again to introduce our Graphic Waveform Generator Model 268e, the module we've been designing, experimenting with and improving during last two years.

The main idea is a virtual tape upon which any waveform is drawable, by hand or automatically. Possible everlasting phase-shifting makes the sound vivid and mercurial.

268e is a quad system so the user gets four oscillators, freely configurable. We started to design it as a compliment to our Model 220 but later realised that it fits perfectly in any controller paradigm.

The run is just 20 units

price is $1600 USD, worldwide shipping included

people who interested please pm me

technical stuff:
Synesthesia
Hey !

looks fantastic. applause

any idea of price yet ?
mritenburg
Does it work with the 200e preset manager?
deltaphoenix
Yes it does work with the 200e preset manager.
lumin
been repeating to myself "must. not. start. a. modular."
this looks really cool
smurphd
lumin wrote:
this looks really cool

You've been repeating that since 2011?
traffkin
yes it does smile

mritenburg wrote:
Does it work with the 200e preset manager?
traffkin
sorry! info updated

Synesthesia wrote:
Hey !

looks fantastic. applause

any idea of price yet ?
traffkin
thumbs up

deltaphoenix wrote:
Yes it does work with the 200e preset manager.
ritchiedrums
lumin
smurphd wrote:
lumin wrote:
this looks really cool

You've been repeating that since 2011?

I have been blessed with the gift of willpower. Which has been slowly decreasing the more I visit threads like these...
rayce
Looks great. Really cool that it responds to the preset manager.

Can the pitch of the 4 oscillators be addressed by a 225e over the 4 channels of the 200e internal bus?
traffkin
no, sorry, we prefer analog patching cool

but in some future, who knows...

rayce wrote:
Can the pitch of the 4 oscillators be addressed by a 225e over the 4 channels of the 200e internal bus?
ritchiedrums
I think the "Drawing" your own waves is cool,
but is there an easy way to call up SINE, SAW, etc?

Guinness ftw!
traffkin
isn’t there quite a lot such oscillators with such capabilities? smile

ritchiedrums wrote:
I think the "Drawing" your own waves is cool,
but is there an easy way to call up SINE, SAW, etc?

Guinness ftw!
ritchiedrums
traffkin wrote:
:
[/quote]

ONLY ABOUT A MILLION! applause
traffkin
hihi

well, speaking seriously, there'll be "reset to sine" feature in a while, pretty useful for various modulation stuff

ritchiedrums wrote:
traffkin wrote:
:

ONLY ABOUT A MILLION! applause[/quote]
Yes Powder
I remember reading some things like ten years ago about something called "scanned synthesis" but didn't see much on it after that.
Is that what this is based on? It seems similar, and really cool!
traffkin
i have not read anything on that but it is interesting, will try to find the info.
my idea derived solely from the cardiographic tape i watched once upon a time several years ago

Yes Powder wrote:
I remember reading some things like ten years ago about something called "scanned synthesis" but didn't see much on it after that.
Is that what this is based on? It seems similar, and really cool!
cygmu
Here's a paper on it:
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/61f4/4570ec886b07c79e0461cb62892d3fc7 b45a.pdf

Quite interesting and apparently similar. They use a physical model of a string to generate the wave shape and let the performer manipulate the string in various ways to change the timbre. This quote near the end is perhaps relevant:
Quote:

Since the scanning process is independent of the computation of the string shape, it is possible to stop modifying the string shape (freeze the string) but continue scanning and hearing the now unvarying spectrum. The effect is dramatic. Within seconds after the string is frozen, the timbre becomes dull and uninteresting.

I seem to recall there was a Eurorack module a few months ago that claimed to use a variant on scanned synthesis, but certainly nothing so visual as the Keen module.
traffkin
thanks, i'll have a look!

cygmu wrote:
Here's a paper on it:

Quite interesting and apparently similar. They use a physical model of a string to generate the wave shape and let the performer manipulate the string in various ways to change the timbre. This quote near the end is perhaps relevant:
Quote:

Since the scanning process is independent of the computation of the string shape, it is possible to stop modifying the string shape (freeze the string) but continue scanning and hearing the now unvarying spectrum. The effect is dramatic. Within seconds after the string is frozen, the timbre becomes dull and uninteresting.

I seem to recall there was a Eurorack module a few months ago that claimed to use a variant on scanned synthesis, but certainly nothing so visual as the Keen module.
traffkin
similar but not the same definitely, i don't have a buffer and can't scan anything out of what is on the screen which is not literally scanned but just played back. when the "tape" stopped the spectrum and phase gets frozen otherwise there's permanents phase shifting. but the idea in the paper is very interesting and promising! thanks again

cygmu wrote:
Here's a paper on it:

Quote:

Kent
I’ve just installed mine tonight and got some rich sounds out of it. I still don’t fully understand the device and will dive into the menu this weekend.

Classy and well-thought-out product, Alex w00t
traffkin
it is not too much in the menu yet but it will grow smile

Kent wrote:
I’ve just installed mine tonight and got some rich sounds out of it. I still don’t fully understand the device and will dive into the menu this weekend.

Classy and well-thought-out product, Alex w00t
Kent
Right you are. Menu is simple. Oscillator is complex and rich. Wow! Such an interesting & novel addition to the 200e. See/listen below.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2