MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Evening jam on Serge (2 videos)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Evening jam on Serge (2 videos)
batchas
Again heavy use of the last panel I made.
Quantized LFOs are responsable for the notes.

The NTO is a bit overdriven on the recording... It's only one output of the NTO with a gated VCAt making the bass line + bass drum kind of sound. We hear it well at 7:50. Lot of sub-bass too... . The sound on the monitors from this NTO was quite impressive, but not easy to record so quickly.

It's a bit long cause I only did cut the intro from the all session, which is now uploading on yt and left the rest here without editing:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqT4z9F5PKo

EDIT:
Intro is up:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usiE-4Fgp0A
aethyr
AWESOME!
lucid
screaming goo yo headbang
batchas strikes again
first part MY ASS IS BLEEDING
yan6
Very awesome, nice work applause
mirf59

Nice. And I enjoy the new profile picture, photo of Indian uniformed gentlemen. Gone is the severe charcoal guy with doomsday glasses and punk hair. Is this a signal that dystopian noise music is out and diatonic sunshine is in? Only time will tell.

MechaSeb
Private joke :
If there's something strange in you neighborhood
Who you gonna receive a call from ?
aethyr
MechaSeb wrote:
Private joke :
If there's something strange in you neighborhood
Who you gonna receive a call from ?

Ghostbusters? hihi
GrantB
great patch!
batchas
mirf59 wrote:
Nice. And I enjoy the new profile picture, photo of Indian uniformed gentlemen. Gone is the severe charcoal guy with doomsday glasses and punk hair. Is this a signal that dystopian noise music is out and diatonic sunshine is in? Only time will tell.

Haha. I like the way you describe it w00t
But actually Mechaseb insisted when we met at New Dheli's airport to make a selfie between 2 step-overs and I could not refuse.
doepferiano
fantastic! Bravo ! applause
syncretism
Oh these are terrific, Batchas! Real mid-90s Autechre-esque. And you make a very convincing cowbell sound!
weinglas
Killer patch Robert! we're not worthy

Now I wish even more that I would have come to Berlin d'oh!
batchas
Merci les amis Guinness ftw!

weinglas wrote:

Thank you it's very kind of you.

With the Ciat-Lonbarde gear "die Stimmung" was quite different hihi

It was quite an adventure the evening at Maze. A guy blew the power fuses in the club while setting his gear up, right at the moment I wanted to check the sound (only wanted to set the bass drum sound on the plumbutter as a reference).
So I had no sound-check, which is not dramatic, but I lost 2 hours trying to find a way to power my gear back, as nothing worked after the electricity came back (2 x PSU dead).
But worse the same guy pulls out my power in the middle of my set.
Quite a surprise very frustrating
Knowing that the Cocoquantus will start with noise when powered on and I had all knobs full CW... You imagine the shock when the guy plugs the powerboard back into place. This and the fact that all stopped suddenly... A bit "challenging" so to say.
Applauses in the audience..
Very lucky I was set in my mind for total improvisation + managed to not let emotions take control (toward the situation and the guy in question).
The (rhythmical) end of the set was magic. The Plumbutter alone with the Blue Sky reverb. I turned a few times back, looking behind me in direction of the room-mixer to see if someone from the next set started to play as I was hearing incredible sounds. Such a shame it was not recorded, nor filmed.
A special evening so to say...

But I'm sure we'll see us somewhere. Playing during the same evening would also be great.
I plan to play around feb 2019 in Switzerland with my Ciat-Lonbarde setup, so we have tome to organize something in Germany w00t
mestlick
Very nice. Sometimes when the modular sounds great through the monitors, I just stick a mic in front of them.
weinglas
batchas wrote:
Merci les amis Guinness ftw!

weinglas wrote:

Thank you it's very kind of you.

With the Ciat-Lonbarde gear "die Stimmung" was quite different hihi

It was quite an adventure the evening at Maze. A guy blew the power fuses in the club while setting his gear up, right at the moment I wanted to check the sound (only wanted to set the bass drum sound on the plumbutter as a reference).
So I had no sound-check, which is not dramatic, but I lost 2 hours trying to find a way to power my gear back, as nothing worked after the electricity came back (2 x PSU dead).
But worse the same guy pulls out my power in the middle of my set.
Quite a surprise very frustrating
Knowing that the Cocoquantus will start with noise when powered on and I had all knobs full CW... You imagine the shock when the guy plugs the powerboard back into place. This and the fact that all stopped suddenly... A bit "challenging" so to say.
Applauses in the audience..
Very lucky I was set in my mind for total improvisation + managed to not let emotions take control (toward the situation and the guy in question).
The (rhythmical) end of the set was magic. The Plumbutter alone with the Blue Sky reverb. I turned a few times back, looking behind me in direction of the room-mixer to see if someone from the next set started to play as I was hearing incredible sounds. Such a shame it was not recorded, nor filmed.
A special evening so to say...

But I'm sure we'll see us somewhere. Playing during the same evening would also be great.
I plan to play around feb 2019 in Switzerland with my Ciat-Lonbarde setup, so we have tome to organize something in Germany w00t

Now I wish I would have been there even more. Sounds like a lot of suspense was going on during your performance. we're not worthy

Note to myself: Get the PB out of storage hihi

We have to meet sometime. I am always at the wrong place. Ok, I met Todd last year in Berlin and a lot of nice guys from everywhere in Rotterdam. But SB would have been the right place to be d'oh!

But although I don't think I can be in Switzerland in February, I promise we will meet someday. And maybe we will make some noises, too. I would love to love
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1