MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Please explain the function of a Low Pass Gate?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Please explain the function of a Low Pass Gate?
georgehruiz
This has been an incredibly instructional thread. I feel like I'm meeting my Optomix for the first time. Thanks everyone!!
GuyaGuy
The main function is that it lets you bring up the word vactrol. Because it's fun to say vactrol.
tappazee
this is helping me get to the bottom of my RYO Aperture:) never fully understood it but love the sound of it chopping between klang (equivalent to strike on optomix I assume) and CV inputs.
dthorn
starthief wrote:
dthorn wrote:
My A-101-2 hardly rings at all if I feed it a short pulse, but responds very well to stepped CV from a sequencer, like it has a weird unpredictable slew limiter built in.

Hmm, I'll have to try that thumbs up

[s]https://soundcloud.com/xebico-audio/vactrol-decay[/s]

In this patch, the CV out from the upper row of a Doepfer Dark Time is patched to a VCO and the unattenuated CV input of the A-101-2, and random gate pulses from the lower row are sent to the A-101-2's attenuated CV input, with the input level starting at zero and increasing around the 30 second mark. The vactrol decay effect can be heard in the twang after the high note, and in the nice bouncy sounds that start to happen when I turn the level up on the random gates.

The kick drum is an A-101-1 vactrol VCF being pinged at the cutoff CV input by a very short pulse from an A-171-2 VCS.
hermbot
I was going to talk about low pass gates at some point anyway, but this discussion in this thread made me kick of this video sooner than later...

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2