MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

x1l3 SHARD - INSANITY!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author x1l3 SHARD - INSANITY!
biospherix
Curious, is anyone using this module? It's absolutely insane! I'd like to know if there are any pros/cons? Any module that could sufficiently compliment this?

or.. is there something out there that does a similar (better) job, any cool drone / soundscape modules that may or may not be so intense that would go nicely with my Mother 32?

x1l3 SHARD

Sorry, you can tell I'll still in n00b territory smile Thanks.
bemushroomed
Jupiter Storm is nice too, completely analog. Tons of outputs for different noise flavors.
windspirit
Hard to know exactly what the module does from the description but I have enjoyed the demos that I have heard. I also like the idea of the additional touch interface built in. Curious to hear from people who have it as well.
motorhead412
Haven't used one but the demos seem glass-shatteringly lovely.
erenod
that is very nice indeed if anybody gets it, please post demos!
MARK27
I have had one for a few weeks now, but I haven't had time to plug it in yet.

They also just released a, sort of sibling module (I guess) called Wreckage, but I haven't quite figured out how they are supposed to interact.

I do wish the website described the circuits a little more precisely.
dooj88
MARK27 wrote:
I have had one for a few weeks now, but I haven't had time to plug it in yet.

They also just released a, sort of sibling module (I guess) called Wreckage, but I haven't quite figured out how they are supposed to interact.

I do wish the website described the circuits a little more precisely.

quite interested in wreckage, seeing how it processes external audio. though as you say, it's not explicitly stated that it does hmmm.....
Modulus
I picked up his Peruadatron module a couple weeks ago. Cv controlled fm radio is a lot of fun to have in euro and super cheap too. Would love to try shard. In the demo it appears shard has audio input too
Nightly Closures
The wreckage demo on their site sounds really great.
joey
got one and it fucking rules

some video here:

Tonefloat01
joey wrote:

some video here:

Great demo, thanks for posting it!
I really like what I hear but was wondering how this compares to the Trogotronic modules. Seems like there is a lot of similarities sonically here.
Anyone that has both units care to chime in?
in_sherman
bemushroomed wrote:
Jupiter Storm is nice too, completely analog. Tons of outputs for different noise flavors.

TRUE DAT. digital could never make me shart like analogue does thumbs up
sillyhatsclub
i have one and love the way it process external audio. i haven't had a chance to put it to too much use yet, but i absolutely love the way it processes Rings. It ends up sounding like a super angular razor-wire-ish guitar lick. On its own, it can make some pretty nasty sounds as you'd expect, but it definitely needs some external processing to get quite as crushingly heavy as it seems in the demo videos (or i've just not got the hang of it yet). either way, i'm still loving it.
dooj88
sillyhatsclub wrote:
i have one and love the way it process external audio. i haven't had a chance to put it to too much use yet, but i absolutely love the way it processes Rings. It ends up sounding like a super angular razor-wire-ish guitar lick. On its own, it can make some pretty nasty sounds as you'd expect, but it definitely needs some external processing to get quite as crushingly heavy as it seems in the demo videos (or i've just not got the hang of it yet). either way, i'm still loving it.

i'd love to hear that if you could post some audio/video. even using rings as a sound processor it just has a sound to it that needs grunging up
Kent
Joey, can you describe what in the hell it actually is and does?

It seems to be based upon existing tech that is rehoused. I can’t tell from what I’ve read.
Funky40
sillyhatsclub wrote:
i have one and love the way it process external audio..

you have a Shard then ?
also interested to hear some demos wink
joey
Kent wrote:
Joey, can you describe what in the hell it actually is and does?

It seems to be based upon existing tech that is rehoused. I can’t tell from what I’ve read.

As far as I can tell it’s three oscillators that all modulate each other and the different controls change the type of modulation. A lot of internal feedback routing for sure. Clueless beyond that. But I like it!
Kent
Cool, thanks w00t Seems like a mystery module.
Grumpypanda69
Just got my Shard this week. If you like noise then this is it. Built like a tank and loads of fun to modular. Loves my Triple Sloths via Vector Space.

Gonna pull the plug on Wreckage & the FM Radio modules ASAP.

The noise machine plan (12u space is for the Persuadatron)
Modulus
Grumpypanda69 wrote:
Just got my Shard this week. If you like noise then this is it. Built like a tank and loads of fun to modular. Loves my Triple Sloths via Vector Space.

Gonna pull the plug on Wreckage & the FM Radio modules ASAP.

The noise machine plan (12u space is for the Persuadatron)

Please post a demo of that setup. Looks pretty gnarly Miley Cyrus
Grumpypanda69
Will do but it’ll be a few months until it’s complete. Budget has been hit with unexpected costs...
behndy
yurp. just ordered. looks/sounds so BEAUTIFUL.

the demo they have is wondeful and informative, but this is PERFECT -

joey wrote:

some video here:

THANK YOU FOR THAT.
Tonefloat01
I sent these guys an email asking about what the difference was between Shard & Wreckage and they haven’t responded. hmmm.....
I’m sold but wanted to know the difference before purchasing.. hmmm.....
Pighood
Imma prolly pick up Wreckage, since it's 14HP
bemushroomed
Tonefloat01 wrote:
I sent these guys an email asking about what the difference was between Shard & Wreckage and they haven’t responded. hmmm.....
I’m sold but wanted to know the difference before purchasing.. hmmm.....

from the site "It can be considered a 'shard lite'. Smaller, with a simplified interface"
you can also see its missing the touch interface + has 2 (or was it 3..) less ins..

Kind of tempted.. Wish it had more than a single out.

Someone should do a Jupiter Storm but digital, no built in ADSR or anything. Hexinverter does have VCNO, less outs than JS though.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2