MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

ES-3/ES-6/Ableton Setup: Will this work?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-3/ES-6/Ableton Setup: Will this work?
I would like to know if this setup using ES-3, ES-6, and Ableton will work, and if it actually makes sense. Here is how I imagine the flow of cv and audio to look like:

Ableton (Host for SW vst):
-Has some channel with Silent Way plugin doing some stuff (sending gates/pitch/etc.)
-Channel will be assigned to the corresponding ADAT out channel on the audio interface.

Focusrite 18i20:
- Uses ADAT out port to send cv to ES-3 ADAT in

ES-3:
-ADAT in gets cv from the Silent Way plugins (gates/pitch/etc.)
-cv outputs will distribute these voltages to my modular system to control whatever

ES-6:
-Gets final audio output from my modular system
-Sends audio from ADAT out to audio interface's ADAT in

Ableton:
-Audio channel with audio input set to corresponding ADAT in channel records sounds from my modular

Will this work?

Basically the bare minimum I am trying to get going before trying to do some fancy shit is to be able to send an arp/sequence from Ableton to eurorack (or at the very least sync my eurorack using Ableton as a master clock and use a eurorack sequencer), and send the audio back to Ableton to be recorded.

Apologies if any of this doesn't make sense, I've never used ADAT "Lightpipe" in my entire life in fact I'm not entirely sure I fully even understand the concept but yolo

Also can I send midi to ES-3? I don't understand I'm confused seriously, i just don't get it
os
Yes that will all work.

ADAT isn't mysterious. Just think of it as eight audio cables in one.

Quote:
Also can I send midi to ES-3?

As in, MIDI to send on to MIDI synths? Or do you mean use MIDI to control the notes/pitches/CVs you're sending out of the ES-3?
os wrote:

Quote:
Also can I send midi to ES-3?

As in, MIDI to send on to MIDI synths? Or do you mean use MIDI to control the notes/pitches/CVs you're sending out of the ES-3?

That's it-- I'm wondering if I can have a regular MIDI clip in Ableton to control notes/pitches that I'm sending out of the ES-3.

Edit: Also would like to know if an ES-3 MK4 will work okay with an ES-6 MK1.
os
Quote:
That's it-- I'm wondering if I can have a regular MIDI clip in Ableton to control notes/pitches that I'm sending out of the ES-3.

Yes - use Silent Way Voice Controller.

Quote:
Also would like to know if an ES-3 MK4 will work okay with an ES-6 MK1.

Yes.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1