MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mixers effects aux sends etc
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Mixers effects aux sends etc
sleestack808
So, If I want to use an effect on an instrument without using up an aux send do I just patch it up like a guitar pedal? What If I want just a little of the effect ?..
How can you expand your options for aux sends on a mixer? Maybe add a modular mixer to an aux send? Just thinking out loud.
Thanks
Kent
You just need to split the signal somehow. You are basically making a duplicate. Thus, you could go with a passive splitting cable or box. A transformer splitter. A buss output (as opposed to an aux send), etc.
beku
I always use the Doepfer Matrix Mixer A-138m for effect send duty.
sleestack808
Kent wrote:
You just need to split the signal somehow. You are basically making a duplicate. Thus, you could go with a passive splitting cable or box. A transformer splitter. A buss output (as opposed to an aux send), etc.

So you would eat up two mixer channel this way?
/\/\/\/\/\/
If the effect has a dry/wet mix you can set that to have just a little of the effect, if that's what you wanted.
sleestack808
all good advice
thanx
ZLAL
All depends on the mixer and effect in question. Dry / wet knob? Dedicated effects Returns?

All sound generating devices in my studio are routed through a patch bay that can switch between normal and half-normal. If I need to split a signal I can switch the jack to half normal and proceed with the dry signal and then process the outgoing signal however I like.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1