MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla Tunes Vol.7
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Buchla Tunes Vol.7
Lyonel
Hello there!
I'm very happy to share today, the release of a seventh iteration in my "Buchla Tunes" series.
"Buchla Tunes Vol.7" is a new collaborative album with my very handsome friend (and a few guests' help), the mighty Buchla Electronic Music Box.
Massive thank you for your attentive listening! Sun

[bandcamp width=350 height=470 album=349917700 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false]

Kent
Oh, yeah! I've been waiting for this. Will listen once I get home.
vgermuse
w00t nanners
Can’t wait to here this!!
djangosfire
Yes! Thank you for the music Lyonel - I've got a full day of deep listening, and this release is at the top!

Cheers - Adam
Peake
screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
weinglas
Bought it and I am enjoying it right now. A lot we're not worthy
Lyonel
Thank you very much Guys! Sun
Reality Checkpoint
Hurrah!

Only thinking recently it was about time for another release, and here it is. Another cracker Lyonel. Bravo! we're not worthy
sonicaddiction
I commented on Facebook the other day. I've listened to it a couple of hours more now. I love the combination of Buchla and orchestral sounds! So good to hear more harmonically (chordal) interesting stuff on the Buchla. Fantastic work and thanks for inspiring with your music!!!
renny3c
Listened to the album last week on a road trip, great stuff like always!

If you don't mind answering, I have a couple of questions.

1) Throughout your music you have been evolving a very distinct buchla lead sound that has a very specific quality. Hope you know what I'm talking about. How do you craft your lead? What do you usually use?

2) There is a very nice doubler/chorus in many of your tracks, which in my perspective contributes a lot to your sound. What do you use?

thanks and congrats on another great album!
Lyonel
renny3c wrote:
1) Throughout your music you have been evolving a very distinct buchla lead sound that has a very specific quality. Hope you know what I'm talking about. How do you craft your lead? What do you usually use?

2) There is a very nice doubler/chorus in many of your tracks, which in my perspective contributes a lot to your sound. What do you use?

Thank you very much!
1) For lead sounds I like very much the 259 for its weight, or the 259e which can be quite subtil in its timbre modulations.
The 261e LFO part is very nice for real time variable shapes, I use it quite a lot as a modulator (vibrato/trill).
The formant part of the sound is made with the 291e and/or the Grendel Formant Filter Set (Buchla version).
I also use the 285e ring mod part as a variable modulator, for tremolo/vibrato.
2) It often ends in stereo with the 285e upper part in slow modulation, or the 296e.
I work mostly with stereo tracks. When I'm mixing, on every tracks I use the Fab Filter ProQ2,
with which I can work on the mono or stereo part of the signal with great precision.
https://www.fabfilter.com/products/pro-q-2-equalizer-plug-in
I also use this simple but very effective tool on every stereo tracks.
https://www.brainworx.audio/products/brainworx/bx-control-v2.html
For enlargement/chorusing/doubling when needed my favorite tool is Soundtoys Microshift
https://www.soundtoys.com/product/microshift/
w00t
renny3c
1) Grendel Forman Filter hmmm..... hmmm.....
Never heard of that... I'll look into it

Ring mod for tremolo/vibrato SlayerBadger!

2) I also find the microshift incredibly useful, its a great plug in.
never tried the fab filter eq, I'll give it a try.

Keep on making good stuff! It's peanut butter jelly time!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
thumbs up
Lyonel
renny3c wrote:
1) Grendel Forman Filter hmmm..... hmmm.....
Never heard of that... I'll look into it

renny3c wrote:
never tried the fab filter eq, I'll give it a try.

Really powerful M/S EQ, with a keyboard at the bottom where you can instantly create an EQ at a specific musical pitch,
and with an indispensable real time pre/post spectrum analyzer.
When I need something more dynamic related I use this one :
https://www.sonnox.com/plugin/oxford-dynamic-eq
w00t
renny3c
that module looks interesting and very nice!
I love that buchla isnt euro land galore with a million options, but I do welcome new designs that just work (MI braids for example). I would love for there to be more additions to buchla formats.

Do you know anyone who makes one-off conversions. Example I send a euro module and they send it back in buchla format?

I´ll definitely try it then... EQ at musical pitches... interesting!

cheers!
Lyonel
renny3c wrote:
Do you know anyone who makes one-off conversions. Example I send a euro module and they send it back in buchla format?

Sorry, I don't.
methodius
Great tunes! Enjoyed em ;-)

I really like the Grendel formant filter, did not know there was a Buchla version... Who makes the Buchla version? Are they still available?
Lyonel
methodius wrote:
Great tunes! Enjoyed em ;-)

I really like the Grendel formant filter, did not know there was a Buchla version... Who makes the Buchla version? Are they still available?

Thank you !
Vedic Scapes made this module for me.
I think it's no more available.
http://vedicscapes.bandcamp.com/releases
WeepWow
do you have a picture of your current system set-up?
Thanks.
Lyonel
WeepWow wrote:
do you have a picture of your current system set-up?
Thanks.

Dead Banana
Ozz
Holy eek! woah spinning cool congrats!
WeepWow
Thanks for the picture of your setup... amazing. How many Notes can you get out of that thing?

lol waah
jvt
Stunning set up! I love the lighting and layout. Seems like a perfect creative space. Actually, what are those gooseneck lights near the Doepfer Monster cases?
Lyonel
jvt wrote:
what are those gooseneck lights near the Doepfer Monster cases?

mirf59
Lyonel wrote:
jvt wrote:
what are those gooseneck lights near the Doepfer Monster cases?

FYI. You can get something like this at IKEA, of course on the cheap. They come in a variety of colors.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70386305/

boops
Wow ! the red knob option is a great choice ,on your Buchla stuff
I ve listened your great musical work .... encore .
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2