MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Frequency Central CEMvelope
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Frequency Central CEMvelope
MindMachine
SCI Pro One based ADSR:

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/
monads
Looks nice! How or 'what' generally speaking aside from the 'basis' does it differ from the System X Envelope? I have a few of the System X Envelopes deployed in my setups so curious on comparisons.
Prunesquallor
monads wrote:
Looks nice! How or 'what' generally speaking aside from the 'basis' does it differ from the System X Envelope? I have a few of the System X Envelopes deployed in my setups so curious on comparisons.

+1
suthnear
The pro one was well known for its snap and punch and its envelope shape was definitely somewhat different to the Roland precursors of the system X envelope. If this sort of thing is important to you, it's another tool in the toolbox
dubonaire
To my ears the pro-one envelope has a punch at the top of the attack, if that makes any sense at all. Maybe it's clipped, I honestly don't know, but it does give a different sound to the Roland.

I'll probably pick up a couple of these.
MindMachine
I always liked the punch of the Pro One. It may have as much to do with the way the ADSR worked with the VCA, but I think I'll try one of these to start.
letitbleep
it looks like there's a REV output. presumably this is distinct in function from the INV output on the system x envelope.
dmod
If Roland is 'snappy' then the Pro One was 'punchy'. Yes please!
suthnear
One small downside: it's only 5V max on the Norm out (-5V on the Rev). So this is not going to completely open many filters. Should be fine for VCAs, though
synthcube
we're stocking full kits for this module, of course feel free to post build comments, questions, feedback etc using this thread...

http://synthcube.com/cart/frequency-central-cemvelope
spacekid71
Looking forward to building this!
sharkminusbear
Question for anyone that has built this. I finished mine but the Trigger input is acting strange (the gate input is fine). It works as expected when I plug the cable half way in, but stops triggering the envelope when I plug in fully. Checked all the solder connections and traces, everything seems fine... not sure if this is something common as I haven’t worked with these types of mounted jacks.
sharkminusbear
sharkminusbear wrote:
Question for anyone that has built this. I finished mine but the Trigger input is acting strange (the gate input is fine). It works as expected when I plug the cable half way in, but stops triggering the envelope when I plug in fully. Checked all the solder connections and traces, everything seems fine... not sure if this is something common as I haven’t worked with these types of mounted jacks.

Solved! It wasn’t a build issue... Trig is a re-trig on this module, it only triggers when gate is high... d'oh!

Might be helpful for other people who build this, I don’t recall seeing it in the manual but may have missed it.
LektroiD
I built two, neither are working...

Unpowered, there is a slight pulsing through the Gate to the output when I apply a square wave LFO. yet as soon as I plug the power in, this goes dead (flatline).

I have triple checked everything, retouched all the solder joints, yet nothing out of either. The only discrepancy I can find is the BoM calls for a 79L05 and on the next page it tells you to solder a 79L09 in. I used the 79L05 to be on the safe side, and don't want to risk blowing up the 3310 - can someone please confirm 79L05 is the correct part?

I have some 3310s spare, but would rather check the circuit first in case something on the board is popping the 3310s.

I have built the boards with the 3310 at the top, as that is how the pictures appear in the build doc.

I used 2M2Ω resistors (as per illustration) in place of the 2MΩ resistors in the BoM, as 2MΩ resistors are hard to come by.

I checked the output at the 79L05, and it is 6.92V. Not sure if that's unloaded as I've not checked any further at this point

Beyond everything I've checked, I don't know what more to try...
khyber
Not a lot of video demos out there of this module yet but I did happen to find this bass jam from Perfect Circuit Audio:

geklimper
I used a 79L05 (as stated in the BOM and on the PCB) and it's working. I think that mention of a 79L09 is only a typo.
Gonzbull
Hey guys I've just built one of these and its not working either. I built the Rev 2.0. Pcb called for a 68K resistor but none were included. I placed a 1Meg resistor that was included in the kit in its place.

With an LFO into either inputs, half pluging output into a VCA lights the LED which pulses. Fully insert either output and all goes dead.

Double checkad all solder joints and cant seem to find any problem. I've built a bunch of stuff so kinda know what I'm doing. Any advice very much appreciated.

Edit: Great support from Rick at Frequency Central who helped
me fix this. A quick resistor swap and all is well.
vykaar
I wanted more than 5 volts out of mine so I changed the TL072 100k feedback resistor connected between pins 1 and 2 to 160k and now get envelopes up to 8 volts - more compatible with System X Envelope and Doepfer ADSR levels
oilpanic
vykaar wrote:
I wanted more than 5 volts out of mine so I changed the TL072 100k feedback resistor connected between pins 1 and 2 to 160k and now get envelopes up to 8 volts - more compatible with System X Envelope and Doepfer ADSR levels

That’s interesting information. It seemed to me that the resistor between pin 1&2 on the tl072 was 1k. I must be looking at the wrong resistor. Is the one you are talking about the one above the chip towards the power header, or is it one of the two below the chip?
vykaar
Mine is a more recent PCB with CEMvelope 2.0 written on the board and the 100k resistor is next to TL072 pin 1 - I note that the build document online shows a different PCB with 1K in that position. Just use an ohmmeter and your eyes to see which resistor is connected between pins 1 and 2 and try changing that or maybe fit a 100k trimmer in series with the existing 100k so you can adjust the maximum level between 5 and around 10 volts? I can only speak about the version 2.0 board that I have - the earlier version may be quite different so proceed at your own risk.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1