MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Unfiltered Audio BYOME : Speculation - building the hype !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Unfiltered Audio BYOME : Speculation - building the hype !
KaOsphere
So, what do you expect ?

hyper
orangehexagon
link ? details ?
KaOsphere
Received an email a few days ago :

Finally: We have something new to show you soon.
We've been working hard on BYOME, our most ambitious effect yet. We have added a pile of new modulators and a complete UI refresh. Additionally, we have created a new technology that will be the largest change to Unfiltered plugins since our modulation system. We will send out another email in about a month with more information. Make sure you opt in to our new mailing list below so that you can stay up-to-date!

And that’s all folks !
Entrainer
Is it the granular synth/processor?
ignatius
Mr. Green whistlin'
KaOsphere
Incoming Artist presets ! applause

Note to self : keep plugin alliance june voucher at all cost !
astrodislocate
Prediction: From fact that it's named "Byome" I'd infer this is something that's meant to have a degree of unpredictability, a "mind of its own" if you will. Assuming it's a granular effect, maybe it has a heavy emphasis on randomness/chaos? Or maybe the grains themselves interact with each other in some way hmmm.....
mt3
I expect it to say "Buy Me!" and I most likely will.
nanners
KaOsphere
I already transfer my incomes directly to unfiltered audio bank account so we do not both lose time with payment procedures...
grillo
I thought they were working on a synth, and I had heard some cool things about it like per key modulation with all their semi modular routings.

But I’ll take a granular thingie from them as well. Those processors can literally become anything with their modulation system.
Funky40
KaOsphere wrote:
I already transfer my incomes directly to unfiltered audio bank account so we do not both lose time with payment procedures...

yeah Mr. Lizard,
just place a basket here and we will empty our pockets straight into it from time to time lol

btw. my biggest feature request:
a "CV recorder" module within the modulation section:
"record manually some knob wiggling, thats then the "LFO" "

....and then walk from there to even deeper grounds, yet obvious ones........
orangehexagon
Funky40 wrote:
KaOsphere wrote:

yeah Mr. Lizard,
just place a basket here and we will empty our pockets straight into it from time to time lol

btw. my biggest feature request:
a "CV recorder" module within the modulation section:
"record manually some knob wiggling, thats then the "LFO" "

....and then walk from there to even deeper grounds, yet obvious ones........

this is an awesome idea
thelizard
Whoa! I need to visit this subforum more often. We've been pulling 12-14 hour days for the past week fixing all of the bug reports that we received from the last build.

BYOME is an effect. The name is an acronym. It has a very nice granulator, but it's not THE granulator that we're planning on doing eventually. We're still doing a synth, planned for October or November.

I announced the new modulators (except for one amazing one) on KVR:
-Probability Gate and Trigger generator
-Chaos generator (Logistic Map with S+H)
-Gate and Trigger sequencer
-Comparator
-XY Pad
-Modulation Scope
-AD Envelope
-ADSR Envelope

The modulation recorder is an awesome idea, but it's unfortunately way to close to release to get it in there. The recording + playback would be easy, but doing all of the testing to make sure that the recording stays with project instances would be a lot of QA overhead at this point in the process.

Wes from Grayscale has been helping us with graphic design. It looks way better than our previous plugins.

We've rewritten almost every aspect of our common codebase from scratch to accommodate our vision for this. This kicks off Phase 3 of our plugin designs (with the modulation system being Phase 2).

I'm going to be at MixCon in Brooklyn (in July) showing off the final product. It should be released around the same time.
orangehexagon
thelizard wrote:
Whoa! I need to visit this subforum more often. We've been pulling 12-14 hour days for the past week fixing all of the bug reports that we received from the last build.

BYOME is an effect. The name is an acronym. It has a very nice granulator, but it's not THE granulator that we're planning on doing eventually. We're still doing a synth, planned for October or November.

-Probability Gate and Trigger generator
-Chaos generator (Logistic Map with S+H)
-Gate and Trigger sequencer
-Comparator
-XY Pad
-Modulation Scope
-AD Envelope
-ADSR Envelope

The modulation recorder is an awesome idea, but it's unfortunately way to close to release to get it in there. The recording + playback would be easy, but doing all of the testing to make sure that the recording stays with project instances would be a lot of QA overhead at this point in the process.

Wes from Grayscale has been helping us with graphic design. It looks way better than our previous plugins.

We've rewritten almost every aspect of our common codebase from scratch to accommodate our vision for this. This kicks off Phase 3 of our plugin designs (with the modulation system being Phase 2).

I'm going to be at MixCon in Brooklyn (in July) showing off the final product. It should be released around the same time.

Sounds awesome! Let me know if you need another person to do some QA -- I've a lot of software QA work over the years.
Funky40
thelizard wrote:

The modulation recorder is an awesome idea, but it's unfortunately way to close to release to get it in there.

it was a "general request" to all your "creative" FX, mainly Spec Ops.
....totally aware that to implement such things is a undertaking on its own.
just thought i´d throw it in here as we are on it wink
astrodislocate
Quote:
The name is an acronym

Build Your Own Multi Effect?
dave_samuels
astrodislocate wrote:
Quote:
The name is an acronym

ooohhhhh. that would fit so well. you may have cracked it...
KaOsphere
astrodislocate wrote:
Quote:
The name is an acronym

love

Do you plan to port the new modulation system to your whole range of product ?
Funky40
dave_samuels wrote:
astrodislocate wrote:
Quote:
The name is an acronym

ooohhhhh. that would fit so well. you may have cracked it...

i share that opinion

a maybe to early applause
thelizard
astrodislocate wrote:
Quote:
The name is an acronym

Well... you pretty much nailed it.

Josh and I have been working 60+ hours a week getting this ready. We're turning in the first Plugin Alliance build on Sunday night. Hopefully this will be out in mid July. I'll be presenting it at MixCon 2018 in NYC (https://www.facebook.com/events/439443056516713/).

Here's a low-res teaser of a drum loop running through five BYOME cells:
astrodislocate
Sorry, hope you weren't trying too hard to keep that under wraps, I guess I just got lucky oops

Can't wait to get a chance to make some noise with this thing.
Entrainer
thelizard wrote:

Boolean Logic + Clock Divider?
Funky40
another STRONG feature request, in general to all unfiltered VST FX, mainly SpecOPs anyway, more controls for the envelope follower !!! there is so much hidden secret there in my opinion

me now for BYOME: hyper hyper help hyper hyper

SpecOPs is one reason i´d never want to be without a PC again for doing musics.
big fan love !......and then zip love
mt3
Funky40 wrote:
another STRONG feature request, in general to all unfiltered VST FX, mainly SpecOPs anyway, more controls for the envelope follower !!! there is so much hidden secret there in my opinion

Envelope flowers are the most underrated utilities ever.
Funky40
mt3 wrote:

Envelope flowers are the most underrated utilities ever.

exactly my speak !

took me 12 years of beeing into modular to understand this.
but finally was it the VST FX´s which showed me the way wink i do alots in specOps with the "envflower" wink

.....there is a hidden so far, afaik, not revealed depth to it.
needs to have advanced control to unleash it..........just my opinion
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2