MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Christian Henson's Modular Mondays
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Christian Henson's Modular Mondays
Mikro93
Hi,

A quick search on the forum returned no result, so here is what I hope to be a new topic.

Christian Henson is a british composer for film. He's the man behind Spitfire Audio, a company based in London specialized in sample libraries. He's the composer for things like Top Gear, the Hercules Poirot TV show, The Round Up, and various other things.

He's recently been documenting his carreer as a composer and founder of Spitfire, in a youtube Channel called... well, Christian Henson Music.

But the man has big projects for the months to come, including working on modular libraries of some sorts. He will be diving into eurorack, and is starting a new video vlog-ish series called Modular Mondays. And the first episode is out today (I haven't watched it yet, though):

Cheers!
Mikro93
Number two is online:

BenA718
Looks interesting! Spitfire makes stellar sample libraries and they have two free instruments available now.
Mikro93
BenA718 wrote:
Spitfire makes stellar sample libraries and they have two free instruments available now.

Agreed smile

Here's yesterday's episode. It's really beginner's level, this one.

casualchinchilla
I enjoyed the first two episodes! Filmed quite well and he kept the pace of conversation moving.
Definitely beginner friendly, but that's to be expected because Christian is just getting started!
BenA718
When he jammed the SH-101 into the rack and said, ‘well, that’s that sorted’, I LOL’d.
captjrab
I’ve been enjoying these. Between this and What The Bleep? lots of good modular youtoob watching.
BenA718
Do you mean, Why We Bleep?
lisa
Nice videos! Great production values. In the third one he's sitting on a hill in the wind talking and there is no wind noise. How is that possible? Did he do a dubbing? hmmm..... That's dedicated.

BenA718 wrote:

I'm sure he does but What the Bleep? is sooo much better. hihi
lisa
Noticed the panting and the outtake in the end of the video now. So no overdub, just great sound caption and treatment of the audio after recording. Good work. smile
captjrab
BenA718 wrote:

Yeah, ha.
dronic
Christian is great
Mikro93
And now, MATHS

Mikro93
Today's monday!

Just to clarify, I have nothing to do with the man, I just think it's neat to regroup every video in a single thread, in the right order smile

synkrotron
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll be catching up on the series as soon as I get some time in front of the Big Telly (isn't casting from your phone just wonderful?)
Mikro93
Latest episode: EFFECTS

xenosapien
yeah I´m enjoying this series, just recently discovered his channel - just before he started getting into modular, actually.

all-round good guy it seems, and entertaining too!

I found myself mentally commenting some of his modular videos though haha, lilke when I see him doing stuff that could be done differently razz
Mikro93
A cool performance with the almost complete system!

Mikro93
Today's episode features 4MS' SMR:

cptnal
Woolly hat and T-shirt... Is Sandy's house too hot or too cold, that's what I'd like to know. hmmm.....

And yes, it is legit if you don't have a clue what's going on. The trick is to pretend you meant it. This is fun!
xenosapien
yeah I can´t wait for that first *headscratch* "why the hell is this not working, this should be working!" - moment razz
Mikro93
Episode 9 - Convolution

feat. a Magic Smoke (tm) story

Mikro93
Episode 10 - Hardware Sampler

Using a Disting mk4

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1