MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Suzanne Ciani Quadraphonic LP / Show
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Suzanne Ciani Quadraphonic LP / Show
REcDeso12oi
Saw Suzanne Ciani's awesome performance in Brooklyn Saturday night.. Was very impressed and its always amazing hearing her that loud and in quadraphonic. It was in an old church in Brooklyn and it must have been 100 degrees in there. Everyone was covered in sweat and it was humid as all hell.. none the less it was packed to the brim with people in good sprits, even sitting on the floor right in front of her, and she handled it like a pro.. I wouldn't be surprised if her Buchla was freaking out.. sometimes it felt like she was trying to tame a beast and the beast was winning.. but it was a story clearly being told by a master story teller.

Got an email after the show with a link to this article:

https://www.wired.com/story/suzanne-ciani-live-quadraphonic/

Really interesting read. All about her new album that I had no idea was coming out. Pretty impressive, it was printed in quad and comes with a special piece of kit to hook your record player up to four speakers. Can't wait to check it out.

Any other Wigglers at the show? would love to hear your thoughts or see videos.
Reality Checkpoint
Only available in the US!

Any kind USA wiggler want to buy it for me and ship it to the UK (for full reimbursement and sweetener obviously!)

help
Fuzz
I love the fact that it's a 227e that's processing the quad, and then there's only 227 copies of the record being made. For $227. The nerdiness is remarkable. we're not worthy
REcDeso12oi
Fuzz wrote:
I love the fact that it's a 227e that's processing the quad, and then there's only 227 copies of the record being made. For $227. The nerdiness is remarkable. we're not worthy

HAHA didn't even put that together.. Love it.
Synesthesia
is this for real ??? man , i am very much interested !
Reality Checkpoint
Synesthesia wrote:
is this for real ??? man , i am very much interested !

So am I, but you have to be based in the USA to get hold of a copy! d'oh!
jimfowler
Fingers crossed she releases an affordable stereo version for those of us who are morally (and financially) opposed to paying that kind of money for a record.
gruvsyco
Listening to it now on Apple Music. Even in stereo, she creates a sense of space.
js213
jimfowler wrote:
Fingers crossed she releases an affordable stereo version for those of us who are morally (and financially) opposed to paying that kind of money for a record.

How's $6?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CVK7SB8/?coliid=I2AFL61BOT9GT2&colid=284B 06ZFNWWXV&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
d.simon
I'm intrigued by this format. Not any experience with it (or any other spatialization mixes). I guess today DTS 5.1 is the most popular?
Though : "popular" might be relative to the population involved in multichannel as opposed to the entire population of audio consumers.

There's some plugins for Doppler effect - but work in stereo.
It would be cool to do that in quad sound. I guess the 227e could do it?
(except doppler also has a pitch shift effect)
and/or come up with some other "swirl" type procedures as CV.

Just found Live Quadraphonic album in its entirety is on YT ("autogenerated by YT").
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDFXID1MnVo&list=PL0tZXlCDkGX5mXA7KCW1 jhvkJ-4El4mvm&index=12
Cobramatic
d.simon wrote:

Just found Live Quadraphonic album in its entirety is on YT ("autogenerated by YT").
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDFXID1MnVo&list=PL0tZXlCDkGX5mXA7KCW1 jhvkJ-4El4mvm&index=12

Absolutely loving this - thanks for the link.
I'm very surprised it has only had 20 views!

It's a shame the physical Album is only available in the US.
GoneCaving
Video not available to view from Ireland :-(
REcDeso12oi
Looks like she's playing shows in London (Jazz Cafe), Berlin (Silent Green Kulturquartier), and LA soon! So if you can get to one of those shows I bet she'll be selling the record there in person smile Go say hi.
Reality Checkpoint
REcDeso12oi wrote:
Looks like she's playing shows in London (Jazz Cafe), Berlin (Silent Green Kulturquartier), and LA soon! So if you can get to one of those shows I bet she'll be selling the record there in person smile Go say hi.

Thanks for the tip!

Just got tickets for the Jazz Cafe. w00t
Mr. Squiggle
Listened in stereo, would love to hear in quad!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1