MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Can µTune quantize based on a midi chord?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author Can µTune quantize based on a midi chord?
denneyjs
Does µTune have a setting such that the scale used for quantizing the CV in is not based on a previously saved/selected scale but instead based only on the incoming polyphonic midi chord?

An example setup is that you could have a CV sequencer like Make Noise Rene generating a sequence in C Major, going into µTune CV input. Then from your Midi keyboard you could quantize/transpose the sequence with one of the following techniques:

A) Play 1 note (D) to transpose the sequence to D Major.
B) Play 3 notes (D, F, A) and the sequence is quantized to only use those three notes of the D-minor chord.
C) Play 2 notes (D & F) and µTune determines the lowest note (D) is the root and with the additional F note the sequence is quantized to the D *minor* key.
D) Play anything on the midi keyboard, and the quantizer figures out which key you’re playing in an quantizes CV input to that key.

Which of those options are supported by µTune ?
tonymasiello
I don't think the uTune is what you are looking for. I'm not sure if there is something out there that does what you describe, but it sounds like you want to quantize to a seven tone subset of 'standard' twelve tone.
tubbutec
yes. You can play notes via midi and transpose via CV, or play via CV and transpose via midi.
Both functions are essentially the same as the note numbers from midi and CV are added. You can activate this using 'transpose' as CV-in function.

µTune does (currently) not process chords. Quantizing to pressed midi notes is a good idea and I am putting it on the Todo list. Auto-generating chords on the other hand is imho more something for a strictly 12TET based module.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1