MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Best 3HP Module EVER!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Best 3HP Module EVER!!
The_hitcher
I have 3 HP left in my case... The sad part is, my Make Noise Mult is 4HP. So due to my calculation error, it's getting the boot for now. What's the best bang for your ...space? I was looking at some Pico stuff or maybe a random or an LFO. What do the experts think?


Naenyn
How about a Pico DSP? It sounds pretty great .. and stereo out!
The_hitcher
I had my eye on that one. I've got to learn more about it's capabilities, but I feel like another modulation source would be a good addition so I don't know. I'm just a beginner so I have a lot to learn in general.
lisa
A tube overdrive would be nice with that system. Check out Ivan from Bard: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/bard-ivan
Misk
malekko mix 4 — because mixers are almost like vcas cool
The_hitcher
Bottom row far left is a mixer.
Drilldoughzer
Sds digital vco
http://www.freshnelly.com/sdsvco/sdsvco.htm

Alternate fw: http://www.freshnelly.com/sdsvco/sdsvco-dist.htm
shoottofill
The_hitcher wrote:
I had my eye on that one. I've got to learn more about it's capabilities, but I feel like another modulation source would be a good addition so I don't know. I'm just a beginner so I have a lot to learn in general.


Pico RND is a good modulation source.
starthief
lisa wrote:
A tube overdrive would be nice with that system. Check out Ivan from Bard: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/bard-ivan


When I tried to buy one, I found that Patch.Audio doesn't ship to the US.

Right now their website is down.
Footkerchief
lisa wrote:
A tube overdrive would be nice with that system. Check out Ivan from Bard: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/bard-ivan


Sounds nice in the demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCQd4zp9N8Q

Too bad about the lack of voltage control.
JohnLRice
The_hitcher, do you perform live with this rig? A very handy module is the Synthwerks Lamp3. Maybe not the most exciting module to add but having an easy way to provide light for your setup can sometimes be critically important, as well as providing power for outboard gear like small keyboards and iPhones/iPads etc.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/synthwerks-lamp-3

nolongerhuman
I'd definitely want more modulation in that case if I were you.

Erica Pico RND for sure.
SCOOBA_TANK
nolongerhuman wrote:
I'd definitely want more modulation in that case if I were you.

Erica Pico RND for sure.


^^^^ LOVE PICO RND ^^^^^
CaneMan
I was pining for a Frap Tools Sapel. Then Pico RND came to ease the pain.
bedhed3000
nolongerhuman wrote:
I'd definitely want more modulation in that case if I were you.

Erica Pico RND for sure.


Or Pico Mask

FarmerPhilip
SCOOBA_TANK wrote:
nolongerhuman wrote:
I'd definitely want more modulation in that case if I were you.

Erica Pico RND for sure.


^^^^ LOVE PICO RND ^^^^^


Rats - I was gonna suggest that one. That's a lot of tools in a little space and since they aren't the sort of tools that you fiddle with much directly, that's NOT a bad thing.
thetaflux
based on your current system, the pico SEQS, random, logic, and mask would all be good options
The_hitcher
Drilldoughzer wrote:
Sds digital vco
http://www.freshnelly.com/sdsvco/sdsvco.htm

Alternate fw: http://www.freshnelly.com/sdsvco/sdsvco-dist.htm


Seems cool, but I think audio sources are covered for now at least.
The_hitcher
JohnLRice wrote:
The_hitcher, do you perform live with this rig? A very handy module is the Synthwerks Lamp3. Maybe not the most exciting module to add but having an easy way to provide light for your setup can sometimes be critically important, as well as providing power for outboard gear like small keyboards and iPhones/iPads etc.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/synthwerks-lamp-3



I haven't brought this system to any shows yet, but that's not a bad idea. But you're right, extremely unexciting. I also use a computer in my setup so there's no shortage of USB ports.
Misk
The_hitcher wrote:
Bottom row far left is a mixer.


i've got 3. 2 malekkos, and a befaco kit. Giving yourself more ways to combine signals is kind of awesome for experimentation. Great for modulation!
dooj88
pico rnd. first random modulation source i got and it has a lot of things you're missing. the noise is a bit thin and digital-ish, but that's not really a problem, especially if you're using it as a modulation source and not sound.
The_hitcher
Looks like Pico RND. I definitely need another modulation source (after I pay off my credit card). Unfortunately that will fill the rack and then I'm scared of what I might do after that....

Thanks for your help all!
Blairio
4MS buffered mult. Great for preventing drooping voltages, and also has very useful bipolar LEDs, which help with diagnostics.

Quote from 4MS:

"The Buff Mult is a buffered multiple with LED indicators to show positive and negative voltages. Using wide bandwidth opamps, it functions as a dual 1-to-3 or a single 1-to-6 mult for audio, video, or CV signals."
BrokenBo
yes just get the pico rnd. rnd sources are essential. SlayerBadger!
monads
Yeah I was going to suggest Pico RND as well for that case! If you needed a noise source I was going to suggest the ARC Noise Rainbow.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group