MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Empirical Circuits Dual Latch
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Empirical Circuits Dual Latch
sko87pro
I’ve left a message on Reverb.com to ask the Empirical folks if they’ll make another batch of the Dual Latch. Hopefully they’ll post here... fingers crossed
tonymatte
Hi everyone, my apologies for being so unresponsive. Truth be told I got a job about a year ago and have been so busy that this little company I wanted to start went by the wayside, and I can't remember the last time I signed into Muff's! But it's exciting to me that after all this time people are still enjoying the DL and now some new people want them. I'd like to be able to take care of the people who really want them enough to seek me out like this so I'm looking into ways of having several made and assembled for me. I just don't have the time to assemble them myself anymore. I can't make any promises but if you're truly interested in one let me know here so I can get an idea of how many I'd need, if I can make it happen I will get back to you all and start taking orders. Fingers crossed!

-Tony
B0bcat
I'd take one please smile

EDIT: make that two Chugging Beers
sir stony
That's an ideal addition, I usually never need full logic, but a flipflop (or even two) in minimum rack space is just the right tool to have. I'd like two, please. cool
I might also be able to help you making a batch.
sko87pro
Hi Tony, yes I want 2 please.

Thanks for jumping onto the thread.
gummyboy
I want one!!!
tonymatte
well that's seven so far which already sounds worth it to me, not counting everyone who commented it the past asking for one (or 2). I've asked for a quote with Slingshot assembly who I've never used before. I've never had boards assembled at all before I've always just put them together myself. sir stony any help would be appreciated at this point, just looking for any affordable and reasonably fast way to get this going!
batch
Have you considered offering them as DIY?
maltemark
Would be interested as well
ArboriaAuralist
I consider the one unit I have indispensable and would definitely buy another!

Modular "computing" for life. cool
Johnnyfive
I'm definitely keen on getting one (assuming you're able to ship to UK)!
tonymatte
I've shipped to the UK before with no issues so I should be able to, pending this all works out. Nice to hear how much current owners like them, I knew the module was cool when I made the first one but I didn't know if people would see how useful they could be. I'm surprised there aren't more advanced latch modules from the bigger guys hmmm..... I find they can really help 'orchestrate' a patch. batch I have considered this but it would definitely be a build for advanced diyers and I wouldn't know where to begin with providing support or docs. I would be willing to sell some bare boards and panels that I believe I have lying around, but I wouldn't be able to provide much more that a BOM with them.. And maybe a few helpful tips.
B0bcat
awesome that this is really going to manifest! Thanks a bunch! I don't want to unnecessarily complicate the production process but I'd also like to express interest in silver panels, or at least panel files so that they could be ordered if people are as obsessive about their all-silver systems as I am. Of course the current dark panel design is nice too smile
sir stony
Tony, did you see my pm..? hmmm.....
tonymatte
It's been about a week since I asked for an 'instant' quote from Slingshot assembly and they still haven't gotten back to me seriously, i just don't get it So I've gone ahead and took inventory and I actually have enough parts to make several units, this has got me thinking I should just fire up the soldering iron this weekend and flesh some of these out. So that's more than likely what I'll do, I'll let you all know how it goes!
sko87pro
Hurrah! Great news!
tonymatte
Sorry to leave everyone hanging again, but I've managed to find time to get 5 put together and tested. They are available rn on my Reverb shop (Empirical Circuits) or you can just message me your shipping info here and I'll get back to you with total cost $70 + shipping and where to send Paypal funds. Thanks for being patient, I plan to build more in the near future and can hopefully work out a less laborious and faster method of doing so.

-Tony
B0bcat
Fantastic! Got my order in Rockin' Banana!

Thanks a lot!!
sko87pro
Hi there,
I sent you a PM.
tonymatte
Hello everyone, I sincerely apologize to anyone who didn't get to order in time but the 5 I listed on Reverb sold within a few hours which was shocking to say the least. To bad they couldn't have sold like that 2 years ago meh I shouldn't be cynical, I happy they've become something people want so I've gone ahead and ordered parts to make 15 more. I'm working out a system to help me streamline the building process so hopefully I'll have these built within 2 weeks from now. This time I will go through my messages and take care of the people who have already reached out to me first. Again I'm very sorry to anyone that didn't get a DL this time especially to sko87pro who was the guy that originally tipped me off to the recent buzz about the DL. I'll try to keep everyone here up to date!
Paranormal Patroler
I'm keen on one if you still have a few left. Just sent you a PM. Thanks!
maltemark
tonymatte: Is there any specfic requirement for trigh length/voltage in the up/down inputs? I just received mine here in Sweden. Not getting any reaction from triggers sent from Maths, Trigger riot (set with a few different trig lengths) or squarewave from synchrodyne, and neither from a pittsburgh timerunner. LEDs not lightning, and not registering any voltage on the flipflop outs either.
Paranormal Patroler
maltemark wrote:
tonymatte: Is there any specfic requirement for trigh length/voltage in the up/down inputs? I just received mine here in Sweden. Not getting any reaction from triggers sent from Maths, Trigger riot (set with a few different trig lengths) or squarewave from synchrodyne, and neither from a pittsburgh timerunner. LEDs not lightning, and not registering any voltage on the flipflop outs either.

Have you checked the power connection? Sounds like a faulty unit to me. No chance that large a number of modules won't work with it.
tonymatte
maltemark: I got back to you twice on Reverb and and just seeing now that you posted here as well. As I mentioned in the message I sent to you, all modules were tested and calibrated before being sent out so it was most likely damaged in shipping (The price I pay for shipping a fragile circuit board halfway around the world in a bubble envelope d'oh! ) Please remove the module from your rig to be on the safe side, and respond to me on reverb to get this issue straightened out
tonymatte
To everyone else interested in getting a Dual Latch, I have all 15 boards prepped and ready for soldering but haven't had any decent amount of time on my hands in a few weeks. I apologize for the push back but it may be a bit longer before they go up for sale, so please bear with me
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3