MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Euro case installed on adjustable monitor arms?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Euro case installed on adjustable monitor arms?
SunSpots
Does anyone use monitor arms installed on the back side of their modular case and have pictures they would like to share?

It seems to be simple enough... measure out the holes, drill them into the back, and just screw them into the arms...

The arms on a certain product TechOrbits Dual Monitor Mount Stand
hold up to 20 lbs, and "monitors" of up to 30 inches.

both of which one of my 6U 104hp's fit into...

Just wondering if anyone has done this before I go drilling into my neat little case here.
Trebbers
Attaching a case wouldn't be difficult. Just secure it to the arm with nuts and bolts. I think that (after finding an arm you trust not to fail) you'd run into a problem with the fact that most monitor arms don't lock on all axis and wouldn't be stable enough to patch on. I guess it's also possible the back of your particular case wouldn't be able to support it's weight in that way.
desolationjones
SunSpots wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has done this before I go drilling into my neat little case here.

If you're up against a wall you could try ladder hooks. It's worked well for me and the case leans back just far enough to be stable while I patch. Plus no case mods needed.
starthief
A couple of years ago I know I saw a steel Euro case that had a VESA mount built in, online somewhere. I think it was somebody's one-off project though.
SunSpots
desolationjones wrote:
SunSpots wrote:

If you're up against a wall you could try ladder hooks. It's worked well for me and the case leans back just far enough to be stable while I patch. Plus no case mods needed.

This is probably a better idea... just some sort of wall mounting like a ladder hook that also in non-invasive to the case...
Jasonic
I just built these out of an old garden trellis that had been laying around behind my shed for a couple of years. They are working nicely, and it was a fun build. Using 1x1's and screws. A tape measure and a mitre saw.

The left one was my prototype. I got better by the third one, so after I took this pic, I rebuilt the left one to have the same dimensions as the other two. It took me a couple of tries. My first design had too wide of a footprint. But just kept tweaking it here and there. I came up with a very comfortable angle, and size for my table.
steveoath
Iirc there was a superbooth vid with soundmachines and they'd mounted a skiff using vesa mounts.
bommelito
starthief wrote:
A couple of years ago I know I saw a steel Euro case that had a VESA mount built in, online somewhere. I think it was somebody's one-off project though.

This will be the FMJ3 by Soundmachines. Still available at Schneidersladen.

Agawell
theres also the lzx case
starthief
bommelito wrote:
This will be the FMJ3 by Soundmachines. Still available at Schneidersladen.

Aha, that's the one!
jahreed
i racked a 6U 240 total HP case on monitor arms BUT did not attach it directly but just set it up on a simple shelf i attached...i use it at 40 degrees angle mostly
2disbetter
Great idea. I do think my biggest concern would be overall stability. The best implementation would be load bearing. IE: You could lean on it, and patch it up, etc.

I'm not sure that would be possible with a standard monitor mount and arm.

Still interested to see if you find anything!!!

2d
pulplogic
SunSpots wrote:
Does anyone use monitor arms installed on the back side of their modular case and have pictures they would like to share?

I want to try it with this cake pan case but have not yet done it. I'd like to have a quick disconnect so it can go from the monitor arms to the bag without hassle.

MarcelP
pulplogic wrote:
SunSpots wrote:

I want to try it with this cake pan case but have not yet done it. I'd like to have a quick disconnect so it can go from the monitor arms to the bag without hassle.

Muffinwiggler?
SunSpots
pulplogic wrote:
SunSpots wrote:

yeeeees. post pics please. The monitor arms I have right now are able to tighten to resist any directional force, including back/forth... they tighten preeeeeety tight so I don't think it would be a problem for pushing/pulling patch cables... your case looks like the perfect test subject, but make sure your monitor arm can tighten super tight

nanners

PS: the muffin case is cool we're not worthy
SunSpots
and regarding quick disconnect... seems like you could 3d print such a device using other quick connect ideas... like spring loaded squeeze clamps that depress some shape lock mechanism... one half screwed into muffin, one half screwed into a piece bracketed to the arm... SlayerBadger! or actually i should search and see if anyone invented a monitor quick release... duh
SunSpots
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand of course they have
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000W0ETD2/ref=asc_df_B000W0ETD25508433/?tag =hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B000W0ETD2&linkCode=df0&hvadid =193992629021&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6482961704051772032&hvpone=&hv ptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032489&hvtargid=pla -311402130683
pulplogic
SunSpots wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000W0ETD2/ref=asc_df_B000W0ETD25508433/?tag =hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B000W0ETD2&linkCode=df0&hvadid =193992629021&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6482961704051772032&hvpone=&hv ptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032489&hvtargid=pla -311402130683

This quick disconnect works great! It makes is super easy to disconnect the case and take it to go. Thanks!

I ended up using a Loctek monitor arm D7L which is good for 13.2-33lbs. With only the case attached it did not weigh enough to stay in position but once loaded with modules it positions nicely.

starthief
pulplogic wrote:

That's gorgeous. Kind of crying out for some kind of lamp with an industrial design overhead, and a big hulking Robby the Robot off in a corner Mr. Green
L.C.O.
That loks super cool.
Would love to see all around, or a video demonstration.
Not sure if this is something that would work in my setup, but certainly an interesting idea!
RecycleYourPets
starthief wrote:

That was the LZX Industries Vessal Case

https://www.lzxindustries.net/shop/product/vessel-2283?category=4

https://www.lzxindustries.net//forum/knowledgebase-6/question/how-shou ld-i-use-the-vesa-mounts-with-my-vessel-case-38
SunSpots
pulplogic wrote:
SunSpots wrote:

This quick disconnect works great! It makes is super easy to disconnect the case and take it to go. Thanks!

I ended up using a Loctek monitor arm D7L which is good for 13.2-33lbs. With only the case attached it did not weigh enough to stay in position but once loaded with modules it positions nicely.

omg hell yeah. That's what I was imagining it would end up like. Can you do a little video push test? see how it patches? an heck show us the back side and detaching mechanism lol. you don't have to man I'm just being nosey and curious.

I think next time I rearrange my desk I'm going to get a detaching mechanism for the arm and go that direction like you have it.
pulplogic
I’ll try and get some better pictures and maybe a video showing the adjustability. So far, I’m pretty happy with the arm mount. It moves a little when you patch but it hasn’t been a problem. I originally chose this pan because it fits perfectly in a Gator G-MIXERBAG-1515 Mixer Bag and now with the monitor mount it’s great in the studio.

Ahzek
That looks hella legit!

Would love to hear the Metasonix modules in action!
SunSpots
pulplogic wrote:
I’ll try and get some better pictures and maybe a video showing the adjustability. So far, I’m pretty happy with the arm mount. It moves a little when you patch but it hasn’t been a problem. I originally chose this pan because it fits perfectly in a Gator G-MIXERBAG-1515 Mixer Bag and now with the monitor mount it’s great in the studio.

Can you hex wrench tighten the joints and make it stop moving when you patch? Is it strong enough to resist that tightly?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2