MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

multi-modulators
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author multi-modulators
kesserich
Does anyone have tips for producing 4+ CV singles from a single system for modulation duties? I'm thinking of stuff for controlling something like 4ms spectral resonator or a verbos harmonic osc.

Just Friends springs to mind but there must other ways? Obviously, I could use 4+ separate modulators but ideally, i think it will be really swell to control them together as a single complex system.
luketeaford
Some modules are very good for this sort of thing. In general, sequencers have this, random modules have this, and function generators have this.

I especially like things like Smooth/Stepped Generator or Sport Modulator and Dual Universal Slope Generator or Maths.
peripatitis
kesserich wrote:
Does anyone have tips for producing 4+ CV singles from a single system for modulation duties? I'm thinking of stuff for controlling something like 4ms spectral resonator or a verbos harmonic osc.

Just Friends springs to mind but there must other ways? Obviously, I could use 4+ separate modulators but ideally, i think it will be really swell to control them together as a single complex system.

I am eagerly waiting for the Hypster to show up!
Armstrb
Worng Vector Space creates 17 Related CVs from 3 inputs, very cool.

Pam’s, Octasource and Octocontroller all produce 8 without needing any inputs. Octasource are related (different phases).

Or did I miss understand your question?
Sleipnir
kesserich wrote:
Obviously, I could use 4+ separate modulators but ideally, i think it will be really swell to control them together as a single complex system.

4 separate modulators (ideally, different types - lfos, function generators, clocks, etc.) fed into a matrix mixer.
The matrix mixer becomes your "system".
Om
mskala
We just had this thread, which seems to be basically the same question: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=202516
Agawell
Mult a single modulation source through vatious sections of kinks...
8 modulation outs from 1 modulator and a trigger
Leverkusen
I recommend looking at NLC. Hyperchaos Deluxe give you 10 chaotic CV's and two gates, Let's Splosh adds anothe 16 CV's derivated from Hyperchaos. The Hypster is in the same ballpark, but a little more controllable and with a different flavour.
cptnal
I'll throw in a wild card - a shift register with track and hold. Got a patch going on just now where Shifty handles most of the modulation. You get periods of stasis (gate low) alternating with periods of flux (gate high.) Each of the destinations gets a different value of modulation at each pause-point.
fritzmartin
cptnal wrote:
I'll throw in a wild card - a shift register with track and hold. Got a patch going on just now where Shifty handles most of the modulation. You get periods of stasis (gate low) alternating with periods of flux (gate high.) Each of the destinations gets a different value of modulation at each pause-point.

Nice!
Sleipnir
cptnal wrote:

SlayerBadger! That belongs in the “What the hell do you use a shift register for?” thread.
cptnal
Sleipnir wrote:
cptnal wrote:

SlayerBadger! That belongs in the “What the hell do you use a shift register for?” thread.

In the hearing, track and hold is the real star here. Often gets overlooked in favour of its stepped sibling. Gonna swap the jumpers on my trusty A148 and go T&H mad for a while. w00t
ersatzplanet
Many separate modulators run through this. Totally manual though.

Chopper
Mutable instruments Frames.
hawkfuzz
Marbles
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1