MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Favourite Max 4 Live devices 2018
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Favourite Max 4 Live devices 2018
Richie Jape
Well Max 4 Live is great as we all know but if, like me you didn't start with Max ( i only came in on suite 9 ) it can be a bit daunting with the sheer amount of devices ...

what are your favourite max 4 live devices ?

Mine are ...

LFO ... so cool and useful especially on the 10 version the way you can map to multiple places - chaining these and having slow modulation is SlayerBadger!

Instant Haus ... used on non percussive elements this can bring some really nice head bopping sequences quickly into a track ... careful not to over use tho razz

Control Change 8 - which doesn't come with Max but is free to DL if you find it, can automate cc parameters to external gear - very cool with the oto boxes

ML-185 sequencer - i like to put this before the scale midi plugin and then just random it until you get something nice ...

Buffer Shuffler 2.0 - mangle audio in a very pleasing and rhythmic way - resample and start again - what fun ...

I've looked around the web to see if there were any tutorials going through all the max devices but i couldn't find any particularly in depth ...

what you like in Max 4 Live ?
hamildad
Quote:
Control Change 8 - which doesn't come with Max but is free to DL if you find it, can automate cc parameters to external gear - very cool with the oto boxes

You can do this with Vanilla Live as well cant you??

I do it all the time....
Richie Jape
hamildad wrote:
Quote:

You can do this with Vanilla Live as well cant you??

I do it all the time....

it provides you with 8 macro knobs which can be assigned to cc's ...

so then .... i use the aformentioned lfo device to automate the cc's going to the external stuffs ...

i dunno if you can do this in live by itself - perhaps you can ! but i ended up here anyway, it definitely wouldn't be the first time taking some longwinded route to do something relatively straightforward for me anyway if so Dead Banana
hamildad
hey, if the shit fits.... wear it...

I'm new to M4L but not new to Live or Max, so i'll be bookmarking this thread.

** note to anyone**

the way to do MIDI automation in Live is to create a clip in a MIDI lane and then go to envelope subpage of that clip, then unlink the modulation to the clip length and then draw in any length of modulation you want on any CC, so you can have a 2 bar midi clip with 8 bars of modulation...

the only issue is it'll reset to whatever the CC message is at the beginning of the clip, so in that way you can have user definable LFOs & envelopes that just cycle...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1