MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Interest in a short run of Universal MIDI Retrofit? (UMR2)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Interest in a short run of Universal MIDI Retrofit? (UMR2)
shogeki
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a run of UMR2: http://www.highlyliquid.com / https://github.com/staskevich/UMR2/blob/master/doc/UMR2-User-Manual-Re vC-V1.0.pdf

The project was open sourced a while back and stocks are long gone (except from one online store: https://www.pharmasonic.jp/shop/index.php?id_category=15&controller=ca tegory)

I need a few to retro-fit some old devices for myself and some friends.

I looked at the circuithub link on their site and the prices are a little too high.

Also one of the parts is obsolete and will need to be replaced (It originally used a PC900V0NIPXF octocoupler which I could replace with a H11L1SR2M) and I was thinking of adding a few small improvement to the original design. (Maybe additional holes/traces to solder midi connectors on the directly on the PCB)

Given that I program the PICs myself the total cost shipped to the US should be under $10/board max. (I will need to get a proper quote from my assembler).

I will take 30 for myself and probably will make a run of 100. I can front the production cost as I do already have most components warehoused at the plant.

Interested:

- Mayo (2-5)
- Mochi_Stryper (1)
- masterofstuff124 (3)
- flts (3)
- rbv2 (2)
- neutronarmy (3)
- Starspawn (2)
- maximee (a handful)
- maltemark (3)
- grenert (2)
- LektroiD (2)
Mayo
Hi shogeki

I might be interested in a couple of boards (2-5). Since you mentioned assembler I take it you want to have the boards populated as well instead of bare pcbs?
Mochi_Stryper
I'd be interested in a PCB
masterofstuff124
ill take 3!
shogeki
Mayo wrote:
Hi shogeki

I might be interested in a couple of boards (2-5). Since you mentioned assembler I take it you want to have the boards populated as well instead of bare pcbs?

Yes the boards would be ready to use and fully assembled.

I just sent the files to my manufacturer and should get back the estimate tomorrow.
flts
I'm in EU and I'd be interested on 2-4 depending on how much the total shipped price would be. Also potentially up for bare PCBs if they become an option, but fully assembled OK as well.
rbv2
Yes, please

interested in 2
shogeki
flts wrote:
I'm in EU and I'd be interested on 2-4 depending on how much the total shipped price would be. Also potentially up for bare PCBs if they become an option, but fully assembled OK as well.

The minimum rate from the US is generally around $13 for small parcels to Europe.

Depending on pricing I might get some extra PCB made, but it is an annoying one to build since it has components on both sides.
Modulart_JP
shogeki wrote:
except from one Japanese online store

Yeah...me.

shogeki wrote:
It originally used a PC900V0NIPXF octocoupler which I could replace with a H11L1SR2M

I guess you found out a replacement from the board you bought from me... hihi
So, I guess you won't mind if I put a link to my shop:
https://www.pharmasonic.jp/shop/index.php?id_category=15&controller=ca tegory

w00t
shogeki
Modulart_JP wrote:
shogeki wrote:
except from one Japanese online store

Yeah...me.

shogeki wrote:
It originally used a PC900V0NIPXF octocoupler which I could replace with a H11L1SR2M

I guess you found out a replacement from the board you bought from me... hihi
So, I guess you won't mind if I put a link to my shop:
https://www.pharmasonic.jp/shop/index.php?id_category=15&controller=ca tegory

w00t

I just added your store to the top post. The production might take a while so it would be a better option for someone that need one right now.

For the optocoupler I just googled "PC900V0NIPXF alternative" and found this page: http://www.findic.in/compare/h11l1sr2m-vs-pc900v0nipxf-0p6YvbyrZ.html

Unfortunately I have not bought anything from you yet, that USB RX5 cartridge is really cool. I just sold mine a couple months ago unfortunately :(
Modulart_JP
shogeki wrote:
For the optocoupler I just googled "PC900V0NIPXF alternative" and found this page: http://www.findic.in/compare/h11l1sr2m-vs-pc900v0nipxf-0p6YvbyrZ.html

You're smarter than me ! cool
I went through many datasheets before finding out that H11L1M optocouplers would be OK... very frustrating
Actually I use H11L1SVM chips for the UMR2 boards I build and it works great.
shogeki
I heard back from the board house and got an initial quote, I still have to work out some details regarding programming which might add to the unit price.

100 board:

- PCB: 1.04/u
- Assembly: 2.6/u
- Parts (Sourced in China): 4.84/u
- Parts + shipping (Mouser): 4.03/u
- Shipping: 0.35/u

Total (China) (8.83)
Total (Mouser) (8.02)

There might be some unexpected extra costs but it should stay under $10/u.

Lead time for production is 3 weeks + various shipping time.
maximee
I’d be in for a handful of boards if shipping to Germany will work for you!
shogeki
maximee wrote:

Yes, the shipping should be around $13 for Germany (might be a little more for 10+ boards)
neutronarmy
I would love three of them. I am US-based if that information helps. Thanks for your work!
Starspawn
I would like two when ready please smile
maximee
shogeki wrote:
maximee wrote:

Yes, the shipping should be around $13 for Germany (might be a little more for 10+ boards)

Great, I’m in!
maltemark
Interested in 3 to Sweden
grenert
I'd be interested in a couple, thanks!
LektroiD
Put me down for a couple, thanks smile
flts
shogeki wrote:
flts wrote:

The minimum rate from the US is generally around $13 for small parcels to Europe.

Depending on pricing I might get some extra PCB made, but it is an annoying one to build since it has components on both sides.

Okay, that sounds good. I'm in for 3, shipped to Finland EU, as long as price stays roughly as expected.
shogeki
The price will remain $10, however I might need to have everything purchased in China and then program it here using the programming cradle.

I was going to get everything programmed and purchased here but just got hit with some massive tariff bill and won't be purchasing parts in the US. (I'm also anticipating some US tariffs but it should be around ~$1/unit)

I'm leaving the US for a little bit and will be back on July 1st. I will likely be starting production before that and hopefully be ready to ship mid July.
jzurd0
I'm interested in 3 units. Europe. Thx!
shogeki
Ok so I will start production by the end of the week. The boards should be ready to ship before the end of the month (hopefully in ~20 days)
shogeki
Production has started, I will provide updates on the status.

It looks like it might be ready to ship between the 3rd and 4th week of July.

Shipping fees:

- USA: $3
- Europe/Asia $13
- Other: $16 (Might depend on location)

Final price will be $10 per units. I did also order some bare PCBs that will be $3.5 a piece.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1