MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES8 with Midas Venice Mixing Desk
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES8 with Midas Venice Mixing Desk
Luddite
Just wondered if there are any potential problems with using the OUTS on the ES8 in Ableton's preferences and the INS on my Midas Venice Soundcard in Ableton's preferences.

I would like to be able to control my modular stuff with Silent Way via the ES8 but would also like to record my synths and modules through the mixing desk into Ableton.

Instinctively it seems like bad practice to mix the INS and OUTS but would like confirmation.

Thanks!
os
The fact that Live lets you do it suggests that it should work OK.

Does the Venice have an ADAT output? If so you could drive the ES-8 from that rather than from USB.
fluffymuff
Luddite wrote:
Just wondered if there are any potential problems with using the OUTS on the ES8 in Ableton's preferences and the INS on my Midas Venice Soundcard in Ableton's preferences.

I would like to be able to control my modular stuff with Silent Way via the ES8 but would also like to record my synths and modules through the mixing desk into Ableton.

Instinctively it seems like bad practice to mix the INS and OUTS but would like confirmation.

Thanks!

Luddite did you get to try this out? I'm thinking of going down the same route
fluffymuff
So I bought an ES-8 and tried to do this with my Midas F24 but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. When you select the Midas as the outs and the Es-8 as the ins no audio is routed through the Midas to Live. Only when you choose the Midas for ins and outs does the audio come through to Live. It's no fault of the ES-8 obviously but means i'm going to let my ES-8 go as this is the main way I wanted to use it... bummer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1