MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Acidic sound: M303 or any osc + filter?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Acidic sound: M303 or any osc + filter?
Andy137
Which modules can provide acidic sound. I know there's a couple of oscillators with integrated filters (AcidLab M303 and DinSync 303). Maybe there are some alternatives?
luketeaford
I have gotten nice acid squelch lately out of a DUSG/VCFS. It's at the end of this video: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj2HqzyA6SR/

There are some sweet spots on an MMG that can do it too, but I don't have any examples handy.
Countcowden
The din sync is two separate modules. You can use the intellijel Polaris filter and a variety of osc to get it e.g intellijel shapeshifter or Erica pico voice.
dbeats
a) You need a single saw wave and square wave oscillator. It only has a minor impact on the final acid sound, IMO, so any basic osc should do.

b) You need a filter with cv control over the resonance (see below) and some nice self-oscillation. This is a huge matter of taste. A good affordable basic solution is MI Ripples. But the sound of the VCF303 is the best, IMO.

c) You need a sequencer with constant time portamento/glide and with programmable accent output.

d) You need to patch the accent to shorten the envelope decay and increase filter resonance and volume at the same time. This can be a bit of patching, that's why the VCF303 or M303 or x0x heart are so handy - they have such an accent behaviour already included.
rayultine
My x0xheart is pretty dang acid. Don't know how I lived without it.
Andy137
Thanks for suggestions. And what about Erica Synths Pico VCF1?
nickgrys
Andy137 wrote:
Thanks for suggestions. And what about Erica Synths Pico VCF1?

I agree with what dbeats said about a basic oscillator with saw and square waves, and the sequencer with slide. I'm not sure that cv control over the resonance is necessary. Maybe if you're specifically trying to emulate the 303 sound. For general acid, I've gotten fine acid lines using my Erca Pico VCF1.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1