MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Zenko's noodlings.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author Zenko's noodlings.
BDProject
Hello friends! I just uploaded my first modular synth-based video on YouTube, so I figured I'd share it here with some patch notes. Feedback is welcome. Apologies for the video quality, I have yet to invest in a proper video camera.

A late night dark ambient modular synth patch.

PATCH NOTES:

2-track performance recorded on Twitch on the 6/15/2018. No post-production.
There are three voices in this patch.
The main voice is Rings, sequenced by Metropolis in random mode, going into Warps and then Clouds. Rings' structure and position inputs are modulated by Batumi, and Warps' timbre input is also modulated by Batumi.
The drone bass is Braids, 'sequenced' by the ER-101, going into the Pico VCF3 filter, which is also modulated by Batumi. There's also a bit of delay on it thanks to the Pico DSP.
The more melodic voice is STO + Disting mk4 (in VCO w/ waveshaping mode), sequenced by the ER-101, modulated by Maths, mixed together and going into the Belgrad filter, modulated by, wait for it, Batumi! It's then being modulated by the Quadra for a slow envelope. There is a bit of a shimmer reverb via a Hall of Fame guitar pedal and some delay thanks to the Pico DSP.
L4nd3R
Quite impressive for a first upload and the piece is very nice indeed applause

You earned a subscriber smile
BDProject
L4nd3R wrote:
Quite impressive for a first upload and the piece is very nice indeed applause

You earned a subscriber smile

Wow thanks, that's very nice of you!
BDProject
Just released a new track on all the usual platforms! A lot of the track was actually made on my modular rig while jamming (the pad, main arp, rolling bass, various drums...).

Release link: http://smarturl.it/zenkotheothers

The jam that started it: https://twitter.com/zenkomusic/status/1016404370429235201

Hope you enjoy wink
BDProject
I talked modular synths on the Limitless Vibrations podcast. We discuss live performance, music production, basic synthesis and more. I also perform a live remix of the podcast's intro track with my modular rig. This is more geared towards beginners, or people who are curious about modular synths in general, and may not teach you anything if you're an experienced wiggler.

Link: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5UcmhxNYWsGc5r8AzUQwR3

English is not my first language, and I'm not the most technical person, so please forgive the inaccuracies smile

Let me know if you have any feedback about the podcast, and I'll make sure to pass it on to the host.

Cheers!
cretaceousear
Very nice - gorgeous drone sound underneath that subtle melody - quite Eno-ish in all the best ways without being derivatve. thumbs up
BDProject
cretaceousear wrote:
Very nice - gorgeous drone sound underneath that subtle melody - quite Eno-ish in all the best ways without being derivatve. thumbs up

Thanks, that's a very flattering comparison right there grin
BDProject
A glimpse into the live performance I've created this year (my very first) and how I played. Eurorack was central in terms of sound.

chromakey
re "Invasion," just lovely and engaging.
re last post, nice 'bio/intro' video.
I'd catch your live performances, if I were nearby. smile
BDProject
chromakey wrote:
re "Invasion," just lovely and engaging.
re last post, nice 'bio/intro' video.
I'd catch your live performances, if I were nearby. smile

Thanks! Maybe one day I'll perform somewhere other than Austin who knows grin
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1