MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

16n faderbank
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author 16n faderbank
ersatzplanet
Here is the SP-4DP prototype. Features were added when the PCB was made. Amazing that this thing worked!

hermbot
Looks like this is finally ready to go. I look forward to enterprising builders getting some together. Mr. Green

https://16n-faderbank.github.io/

https://github.com/16n-faderbank/16n
veets
Hoping someone will do a run of PCBs and panels.
sleepgardens
There are around 50 people already interested on the FB group Pusherman. The owner also runs this website that sells open source pcbs: https://pushermanproductions.com/

I guess the pcbs/panels will get on the website in the future.
helix
http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=2118

http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=2113

Dont forget ladik!
starthief
Michigan Synth Works says on Lines:

Quote:
Everyone, Please fill out this form https://goo.gl/forms/vUupExFurFOXS0vu1 5 even if you have emailed about it in the last day. I’ll email that link to everyone that contacted me off list also so hopefully I can get everything in one place. Tentative pricing is $275 USD but that may change (downwards) depending on how many people sign up. I ship worldwide and use USPS First Class which will be $25 for something this size.

The standard Natural Aluminum is the same that’s on my modules, 2mm thick matte finish. I put pics of the other materials I think people may be interested in on the form. If anyone has other ideas, let me know.


And the fader caps:

Quote:
Narrow Sifam. Same as my SY0.5. They are pretty nice and I have bags of them

https://michigansynthworks.com/p/sy0-5-analog-drum-module 1


So, sign up and lower the price hihi It's peanut butter jelly time!
MrNovember
starthief wrote:
Michigan Synth Works says on Lines:

Quote:
Everyone, Please fill out this form https://goo.gl/forms/vUupExFurFOXS0vu1 5 even if you have emailed about it in the last day. I’ll email that link to everyone that contacted me off list also so hopefully I can get everything in one place. Tentative pricing is $275 USD but that may change (downwards) depending on how many people sign up. I ship worldwide and use USPS First Class which will be $25 for something this size.

The standard Natural Aluminum is the same that’s on my modules, 2mm thick matte finish. I put pics of the other materials I think people may be interested in on the form. If anyone has other ideas, let me know.


And the fader caps:

Quote:
Narrow Sifam. Same as my SY0.5. They are pretty nice and I have bags of them

https://michigansynthworks.com/p/sy0-5-analog-drum-module 1


So, sign up and lower the price hihi It's peanut butter jelly time!

Done! I've wanted one of these since the first time I saw one
defalut
Got an invoice, 325 usd for the pre-built is a bit much. I guess not so many signed up then?
starthief
As of a post about a day ago, there were only 7 more available, so it's not a lack of orders smile

IIRC, it's $235 for acrylic, $250 for wood, $275 for aluminum, $300 for black. Plus shipping, which is $15 in the US, $20 Canada or $25 overseas.

If you want cheaper you'll have to get it on a parts group buy and DIY it. Individual pricing just for the PCB is $240 from OSHPark, according to the 16n web page... not counting parts or front/back panels.

Low volume manufacturing is not cheap...
DSC
starthief wrote:


Low volume manufacturing is not cheap...


Amen Brotha thumbs up
sonicmayhem
Sorry im new to this product. Any way to get a finished Fader Bank from someone? Im not really good at DIY.
Sinamsis
For those that ordered, have yours shipped yet?
MrNovember
Sinamsis wrote:
For those that ordered, have yours shipped yet?

Not yet, but I believe it was quoted at 6-8 week lead time and it's only been about 4 weeks
Sinamsis
MrNovember wrote:
Sinamsis wrote:
For those that ordered, have yours shipped yet?

Not yet, but I believe it was quoted at 6-8 week lead time and it's only been about 4 weeks


Nice, that makes sense. I didn't even look at lead time when I ordered. I just saw this thread and realized it was a month since I ordered haha.
Hazza26
I'm tossing up whether to buy one of these 16n's, or go for a Sensel Morph & Buchla overlay (with USB to CV converter like FH-1).

16n
+physical faders so visual feedback of levels
+simple & direct CV patching
-limited to just CV / MIDI CC level control

Morph
+more expression / flexibility with pressure sensing and extra pads
+better ergonomic layout
+can double up as software interface controller (Reaktor etc) or MIDI keyboard/drum pads
-no way to pick up the fader from last position (=jumps in level?)
-will the resolution of the faders will be limited to MIDI CC spec (128)?
-with USB-CV converter is a fair bit pricier

Thoughts from 16n or Morph users appreciated!
bc3
Hazza26 wrote:
I'm tossing up whether to buy one of these 16n's, or go for a Sensel Morph & Buchla overlay (with USB to CV converter like FH-1).

16n
+physical faders so visual feedback of levels
+simple & direct CV patching
-limited to just CV / MIDI CC level control

Morph
+more expression / flexibility with pressure sensing and extra pads
+better ergonomic layout
+can double up as software interface controller (Reaktor etc) or MIDI keyboard/drum pads
-no way to pick up the fader from last position (=jumps in level?)
-with USB-CV converter is a fair bit pricier

Don't forget about the I2C connection on the 16n (the reason I purchased) but not sure if that is something you would need.

Thoughts from 16n or Morph users appreciated!
ignatius
just got a 16n in the mail today from Michigan Synthworks.

https://michigansynthworks.com

nice build. quality. solid. can't wait to get it plugged into stuff. the matte black version looks great btw.
XiXora
ignatius wrote:
just got a 16n in the mail today from Michigan Synthworks.

https://michigansynthworks.com

nice build. quality. solid. can't wait to get it plugged into stuff. the matte black version looks great btw.

Have the faders been fixed now?
Hazza26
ignatius wrote:
nice build. quality. solid. can't wait to get it plugged into stuff. the matte black version looks great btw.

Good to hear!
gummyboy
Does it have physical 16 cv outputs?
Any pics?
kenosis
16 3.5mm outputs and solid faders as well!
Cobramatic
Don't forget that the 16n faderbank also has i2c output!
It is amazing that you can control gear in 3 ways all from one very convenient controller.

i2c maybe isn't for everyone, but if you have an ER-301 or other gear that accepts i2c then the Faderbank is made for you.

I did a video with the Faderbank controlling my 301 if you want to see a demo:
http://youtu.be/oiB4tHbJeZQ

Another tip - you can power the Faderbank from your 5v rail if you have capacity. I just DIY added a jack on the side of my rig for that purpose.
jzwoopwoop
16n can't record / loop slider movement, right?
starthief
Not with the firmware that was written for it so far.

It's open source... but since there are no LEDs or buttons on it, and no other inputs aside from (potentially) MIDI or i2c, it's really not very well suited to recording or playback of slider movement.
jzwoopwoop
starthief wrote:
Not with the firmware that was written for it so far.

It's open source... but since there are no LEDs or buttons on it, and no other inputs aside from (potentially) MIDI or i2c, it's really not very well suited to recording or playback of slider movement.


Admittedly I'm not a dev, but I'll respectfully quibble with your assertion that it's not well suited to recording/playback of slider movement. That's what's keeping this from being an absolute must-buy for me.

In any case, thanks for replying, good to have confirmation on that.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group