MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Att: Model 10 owners...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Att: Model 10 owners...
D/A A/D
How the fuck can you get a 20 minute event out of this thing??? I keep trying but its not happening....
dkcg
I'll give it a try maybe tonight, to see how long I can get mine. I have two, so I'll try to test both for length. What are you trying to do that needs a 20 minute envelope? Just trying to get the ramp to control a whole session?
D/A A/D
dkcg wrote:
I'll give it a try maybe tonight, to see how long I can get mine. I have two, so I'll try to test both for length. What are you trying to do that needs a 20 minute envelope? Just trying to get the ramp to control a whole session?

I am looking for very slow CV, its been what my music has been moving towards... I am working on a 40 minute piece right now that needs a SLOW envelope controlling a VCA...

I am super pissed right now...

At full rise and fall times with minimum time base I get 3 minutes total time not 10. With x8 time base I notice almost no difference.

So basically I get a maximum of 1 and a 1/2 minutes of rise and 1 and 1/2 of fall.

The time base knob works on faster settings, but not on slower. FUCK!

Alex
dkcg
Is there maybe a pot on the board that can be adjusted to go longer?
D/A A/D
dkcg wrote:
Is there maybe a pot on the board that can be adjusted to go longer?

I emailed Peter, we'll see what he says... I will avoid sending this back like the plague... very frustrating

God dammit...
thermionicjunky
Is it necessary to send it negative CV?
D/A A/D
thermionicjunky wrote:
Is it necessary to send it negative CV?

I thought that... SO I tried, and it increases it quite a but, but not from 10-20 minutes... Hell even 10 minutes would be fine, but 3 sucks ass.

It however should be able to do it without any negative CV, I was excited about getting even more out of it than 20 minutes... cry
Cat-A-Tonic
You're not overtaxing the power supply are you?
I did, and couldn't get the STG YU Gate Delay to trigger at longer times.
Now that it has ample juice it is happy to go pretty long.
...not anywhere near the length that you're looking for though.

Maybe look for a trimpot on the back?
D/A A/D
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
You're not overtaxing the power supply are you?
I did, and couldn't get the STG YU Gate Delay to trigger at longer times.
Now that it has ample juice it is happy to go pretty long.
...not anywhere near the length that you're looking for though.

Maybe look for a trimpot on the back?

I would be fucking shocked if I was overtaxing the PSU, I am not running any digital modules and my case isn't even full...

I just double checked... and with my rise and fall at full, the time base has absolutely no effect... Russian Roulette
REwire
I heard about you kind of people who have the patient to wait 20 minutes for an ADSR to end, not me!

Get one of Peter's Elf ADSR. They now last way too long and I and a few others did not like that. He may change to make them faster so get one now and ask if it's one of the originals.

In the meantime, how slow does any of your LFO's go? If so, maybe use that with a reset to start it and wait.
D/A A/D
REwire wrote:
I heard about you kind of people who have the patient to wait 20 minutes for an ADSR to end, not me!

Get one of Peter's Elf ADSR. They now last way too long and I and a few others did not like that. He may change to make them faster so get one now and ask if it's one of the originals.

Interesting... I wish I would have known that!!!

Quote:
In the meantime, how slow does any of your LFO's go? If so, maybe use that with a reset to start it and wait.

My Doepfer quadrature LFO will cycle every 8 Minutes with a negative voltage applied, that's what I did instead.

Just waiting to hear back from Peter...
dkcg
I'm testing one of them now. 1 minute and counting....
D/A A/D
dkcg wrote:
I'm testing one of them now. 1 minute and counting....

Thanks bro.
dkcg
Here's my results. I throughoughly tested the newer M10, the second M10 is more or less my control group. Thanks Mr. P for science class when I was a boy!

5:16 on M10 #1 with rise and fall cranked, base cranked, no CVs input, linear mode

2:27 on M10 #1 with rise at the minimum and the fall and time base cranked, no CVs input, linear mode (the middle mode).

2:43 on M10 #1 with rise at the minimum and the fall and time base just under halfway, no CVs input, exponential mode (position 3, the bottom)

3:01 on M10 #1 with rise at the minimum and the fall and time base cranked, no CVs input, exponential mode (position 3, the bottom), same as above, but I forgot to crank the base before.

3:05 on M10 #1 with rise, fall and time base cranked, no CVs input, logarithmic mode (the top position).

5:26 on M10 #2 with rise and fall cranked, base cranked, no CVs input, linear mode

M10 #2 is a couple months older.
dkcg
I'm testing the M10 #1 with a negative voltage to see if it gets any longer for me.
felix
I'll double check tonight, but I think the longest I got out of mine was something like 5 min, no CV applied.
D/A A/D
dkcg wrote:
Here's my results. I throughoughly tested the newer M10, the second M10 is more or less my control group. Thanks Mr. P for science class when I was a boy!

5:16 on M10 #1 with rise and fall cranked, base cranked, no CVs input, linear mode

2:27 on M10 #1 with rise at the minimum and the fall and time base cranked, no CVs input, linear mode (the middle mode).

2:43 on M10 #1 with rise at the minimum and the fall and time base just under halfway, no CVs input, exponential mode (position 3, the bottom)

3:01 on M10 #1 with rise at the minimum and the fall and time base cranked, no CVs input, exponential mode (position 3, the bottom), same as above, but I forgot to crank the base before.

3:05 on M10 #1 with rise, fall and time base cranked, no CVs input, logarithmic mode (the top position).

5:26 on M10 #2 with rise and fall cranked, base cranked, no CVs input, linear mode

M10 #2 is a couple months older.

Thanks again man...

See even 5 minutes would be better, but why the FUCK does it say it can clock up to 20 minutes??? WTF???
dkcg
5:30 on M10 #1 with rise at the minimum and the fall and time base cranked, linear mode, a leveler cranked feeding the time base CV cranked negative.

One last try with everything cranked. smile might be a little while. hihi
dkcg
5:33. same as before, rise and fall both cranked

I guess they are really are percentages of the whole time that the time base controls. I bet there's either a pot on the board, or a cap that could be replaced with a bigger one to lengthen the time base, might lose some pluckiness tho on the fast end. But you could mod one maybe to be just a control device/slower envelope
D/A A/D
dkcg wrote:
5:33. same as before, rise and fall both cranked

I guess they are really are percentages of the whole time that the time base controls. I bet there's either a pot on the board, or a cap that could be replaced with a bigger one to lengthen the time base, might lose some pluckiness tho on the fast end. But you could mod one maybe to be just a control device/slower envelope

See that's fucked because on the website it says 20 minutes...
D/A A/D
Cat-A-Tonic
It says "less than or equal to." d'oh!
I guess they should have put more emphasis on LESS THAN.
felix
Yeah, I'm only getting 5 min (it's varying a little, but like 5:25) and the negative CV (from a M14 with no inputs patched) is not making a difference.

That's a shame. 5min is plenty for me, but it clearly shows 5 min *for each stage*.

I'll be interested to hear what Peter says.
wetterberg
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
It says "less than or equal to." d'oh!
I guess they should have put more emphasis on LESS THAN.
well it still says 5min per stage, so at any rate(no pun intended) it should be at least ten minutes, right?
Cat-A-Tonic
true true.
This is all very discouraging.
I'm certainly not in a hurry to order any Plan B stuff to have shipped to Japan.
Hopefully by the time I do (if ever) have the inclination they'll have their act a bit more ironed out.

Products should definitely be as they are advertised in numbers.
The royale with cheese may look alot bigger on the adverts than it does in your hands, but atleast it is still a quarter pounder (albeit a nasty one).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3